Rolando Aarons

Chapo

I`m in the process of trying to find a reliable list of players fastest speed. They did a list for the world cup in 2014. It would be interesting to see who is the fastest in our team out of Aarons, Sissoko, Gini and Townsend.

I also found this from 10 months ago -

Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle) - 22.00mph

Take a bow, Moussa. No player has been recorded travelling at a quicker speed all season than Newcastle's highly-rated midfielder: no wonder he is likely to be in demand among rival clubs this summer.

Data courtesy of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, the Official Player Rating Index of the Barclays Premier League

Was amazed when I read that Dummett has been our fastest this season:

http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-six-fastest-players-premier-league-including-liverpool-and-manchester-united

Lost a yard of pace, the f***? He was the fastest thing on that pitch by a mile man.

A lot faster than WBA's team of cloggers.  But he didn't look that fast going down the line and certainly not as quick as I remembered.  Not sure if he was just low on confidence or what.  But I thought there were a few instances where he had loads of space out wide to run into and he seemed a bit laboured, considering.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as fuck, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Bollocks.[emoji38]

Case closed then

That's probably with the ball as well for Sissoko, no way he'd be running about without it or backtracking. He's got the rare ability to run top pelt with the ball.

That's largely because the ball is nowhere near his feet when he is running 'with the ball' apart from when he is tapping it off the defenders legs like a Sunday afternoon amateur

Undoubtedly :)

I`m in the process of trying to find a reliable list of players fastest speed. They did a list for the world cup in 2014. It would be interesting to see who is the fastest in our team out of Aarons, Sissoko, Gini and Townsend.

Take a bow, Moussa. No player has been recorded travelling at a quicker speed all season than Newcastle's highly-rated midfielder: no wonder he is likely to be in demand among rival clubs this summer.

Data courtesy of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, the Official Player Rating Index of the Barclays Premier League

http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-six-fastest-players-premier-league-including-liverpool-and-manchester-united

The stats are usually meaningless for this, crap defenders always find an extra 3MPH of 'OH SHIT' speed when they need to backtrack when out of position.

The stats are usually meaningless for this, crap defenders always find an extra 3MPH of 'OH SHIT' speed when they need to backtrack when out of position.

:thup: It makes sense that a defender would have the highest speed recorded as the only time you would be sprinting flat out for a decent period of time is a defender running towards their own goal after making a mistake

Against Watford in the cup and again against Everton he got done for pace a few times against players I wouldn't expect him to.

He's still quick, but just doesn't look as rapid as when I first saw him play first team for us. Injuries can take their toll without doubt.

Lost a yard of pace, the f***? He was the fastest thing on that pitch by a mile man.

A lot faster than WBA's team of cloggers.  But he didn't look that fast going down the line and certainly not as quick as I remembered.  Not sure if he was just low on confidence or what.  But I thought there were a few instances where he had loads of space out wide to run into and he seemed a bit laboured, considering.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as f***, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Bollocks.[emoji38]

Case closed then

Mojo you are too biased against Townsend, man. I get that you don't rate him at all, but he's a really quick and strong runner. I like Aarons but I think he's s bit overrated on here considering how little he's played.

The stats are usually meaningless for this, crap defenders always find an extra 3MPH of 'OH s***' speed when they need to backtrack when out of position.

A few years ago, Piqué was the fastest player in our squad according to these kind of measurements, too.

Don't agree. When he got going he looked rapid as f***, faster than Townsend by a mile for example.

Bollocks.[emoji38]

Case closed then

Mojo you are too biased against Townsend, man. I get that you don't rate him at all, but he's a really quick and strong runner. I like Aarons but I think he's s bit overrated on here considering how little he's played.

It's nothing to do with bias at all, I just thought Aarons looked faster. Seems I'm in the minority.

Fullback is a really hard position at the best of times, for a kid who has spent his career learning how to attack it's madness. Literally the only qualification he has is being left footed.

Cue someone telling me he spent years as a LB in the youth team or something.

Ive said for a while that against s*** sides at home he's a brilliant option for a left back. Away from home against proper wingers, he shouldn't be near the spot. Awful man management from McClaren.

Aye unfortunatey he was up against proper footballers yesterday, not Craig Gardner