Crystal Palace manager

Mick

KK and any other manager or former manager would never stick the boot in.  Especially towards an English manager.

Clearly no middle ground between sticking the boot in and consistently lavishing him with praise.

Keegan's words are disappointing to hear like regardless of his hatred of Ashley. Love the bloke but I wish he'd just say nothing at all on the subject, same with Shearer.

Keegan's experience in 2008 should make him even less inclined to praise Pardew. Firstly because he knows the type of cowardly snake who'd accept working under such conditions for 4 years, secondly because knows how low Mike Ashley's ambitions are, and thirdly because he should be acutely aware that it is possible to play reasonably attractive, effective football under the Ashley model. 

This basically. As someone who prided himself in playing football the right way, and with a view to entertaining the paying fans, I just can't fathom why he'd endorse Pardew's 9 men behind the ball tactics where every player has to work at stopping the opposition rather than taking the game to the opposition. Absolutely the polar opposite of what he strived for himself.

I can only imagine he hasn't watched many games or he's more interested in making out Pardew's done wonders with his hands tied behind his back. Either way it's not helpful to us, but it provides fantastic PR for Ashley and his 10th place is okay vision.

"Remember it was only two years ago he was manager of the year so things do change quickly in football," said Keegan, who was launching the GoFest initiative at Surrey Sports Park.

"But sometimes you have to give people who've done it before a little bit more patience, and just respect the fact that actually they've done better than this.

"Sometimes you're going to hit brick walls in football, you're going to lose key players, you're going to sell players you shouldn't sell maybe, that Newcastle did with (Yohan) Cabaye in particular.

"But for Alan I'm really pleased, as an ex-manager of Newcastle, you don't like to see managers just leaving the club every three to six months like some clubs.

"I think the board there have got the rewards for sticking by him: and now they've got to keep it going.

"They are halfway up the table, and they are not that far off the top six now strangely enough.

"They can certainly harness this now to kick on and build again.

I'm not really sure what's ambiguous about that, sounds like unequivocal support for Pardew to me.

KK has never come out and "had a go" at other managers and I doubt he will do now....except for that one time when he had a go at Fergie after the Leeds game.

I even remember him backing Sam Allerdyce at NUFC.

Guest RJberger

Tbh Keegan not openly slating another manager is sort of understandable - aside from the fact that they all have some sort of gentlemans agreement - critizising another manager opens up criticizism back as well - and most this side of Mourinho all have some sort of skeletons in their closet, doesnt look good for any of them.

Two groups of monkeys flinging poo - neither comes out clean.

Tbh Keegan not openly slating another manager is sort of understandable - aside from the fact that they all have some sort of gentlemans agreement - critizising another manager opens up criticizism back as well - and most this side of Mourinho all have some sort of skeletons in their closet, doesnt look good for any of them.

Two groups of monkeys flinging poo - neither comes out clean.

I wouldn't expect him to slate another manager, just showing a bit of sympathy would be more than enough. He's gone far beyond that there though. making excuses for his poor results and claiming the board are now getting their reward for sticking by him.

Guest RJberger

I wouldn't expect him to slate another manager, just showing a bit of sympathy would be more than enough. He's gone far beyond that there though. making excuses for his poor results and claiming the board are now getting their reward for sticking by him.

The way Im reading it is that Pardew should/normally would have been gone ages ago going by results, for some reason ( which are beyond him ie he doesnt agree with ) board decided to stick with Pardew and suddenly we win 4 on the trot.  So in that context, he is right.

As the saying goes, while 'you can only beat whats in front of you', you can pick holes in all of the last 4 wins.

Leicester - after a decent start to the season, the pace seems to be catching up with them and their form is slipping. We scraped a 1-0 win.

Spurs - European hangover, not in best of form generally either. Preferred striker (Cisse) unfit so Pardew forced to start Perez, who scores winner.

Man City - rested a few players who'd normally start and didn't play as well as normal, whilst with the line-up he picked, Pardew could never have dreamt we'd actually get a result. Players deserve huge credit for that result.

Liverpool - Another team not playing well so far this season, missing key players/striker(s).

Obviously confidence is growing which has also helped build momentum, but to suggest this run is down to Pardew (as some of the media are), is very short sighted.

The London press probably had a hand in it. They must be desperate for Fat Sam not to get it as that will mean another 2 months at least of him staying in the job. He's in a similar position to Pardew in that he's a clueless cunt who's taken advantage of some good signings done over his head.

The difference is that Fat Sam is still playing aids hoofball but he's signed players who fit it (Cresswell and Jenkinson excellent crossers, Song to provide enough quality and control from the holding role, the criminally underrated Amalfitano and a couple of pacey, athletic strikers who love to run, chase, jump and shoot).

He's also stumbled upon Stewart Downing's golden summer as a CAM and a formation that binds it together. Sooner or later he will try and change it to bring Carroll and Nolan back in and they will finish bottom half again.

What the hell is this?! Manager of which month? To blazes with anyone involved in this!

No chance he'll get it!

We scraped a point at Swansea, scraped a win vs Leicester and put a decent 2nd half in at Spurs after a shambolic 1st half to win.

West Ham won all their games including a win against the champions and a London derby!