Crystal Palace manager

Mick

From the Lovenkrands article:

"The main thing when I was there was always to get the defending right- then we'll score at the other end".

:lol: that bit cracked me up. I've always thought that was Pardews thinking.

1- defend

2- defend some more

3- ?

4- goal scored

5- win 1-0

"The main thing when I was there was always to get the defending right- then we'll score at the other end".

1- defend

2- defend some more

3- ?

4- goal scored

5- win 1-0

Found the article and that bit in particular infuriating. All these years of mostly defensive work, and we've never looked a solid unit anyway.  :lol:

If Ben Arfa is so unpopular amongst the squad, should the manager not be trying to get the best out of his best and most creative player? I remember those quotes Keegan said about Ginola to Bez and Rob Lee (I think), about how yes, he can be a liability, but suck it up, because he'll win us the fucking league.

But comparing Pardew to KK is like comparing a pimple to Mount Everest.

He will use injuries as an excuse next game won't he. Has probably kicked de Jong on purpose in order to do so. I hope he's then asked why he let Ben Arfa go out on loan then.

I reckon he will actually use losing Mbiwa and Ben Arfa as excuses at some point :)

Last season i'm sure I read about Colo having a bitching session about Pardew being a terrible coach, though i'm also sure I read it on here somewhere.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastles-fabricio-coloccini-aims-dressing-room-3408929

Stumbled across that earlier, not sure if that's what you mean

I think it involved a train, it wasn't a story that was in the papers, though it was around that period.

btw I just voted no on that poll, the definition of futile.

From United For Newcastle Facebook page-

Heard some disturbing, but not unsurprising stuff about the atmosphere in the dressing room today, from a player at the club.

For obvious reasons I can't disclose a source. Several things:

1) While no personal animosity exists, Coloccini and Jonas apparently believe Pardew to be the worst coach they've ever worked under.

2) Player doesn't even know where Jonas is.

3) Player has been lied to by Pardew about playing time recently.

4) Organisation at club awful.

5) Atmosphere at the club means player wants to leave for own future despite being fan.

6) Colo stayed for the fans. Whilst there were personal problems, he wanted out to get away from Pardew and the toxicity.

7) Ben Arfa genuinely is quite unpopular in the dressing room, but that may well be down to his attitude due to being screwed over.

This is just what I heard from a player. I'm not saying any of it is definitely true, but it's probably a higher chance than most papers!

There was some more information, not hugely exciting but more laughable about the state of the club, but I can't repeat that as it may identify the player.

That's a load of turnip. Sorry like

It's not.

If Colo does think Pardew is the worst coach he's ever played for then hopefully he mentioned something to Ashley when he had that meeting with him.

:lol: He really will, he's so shameless!

He will even forget he made Ben Arfa fat by knocking his confidence so much and think that losing those players were not his fault but fan expectations / pressure / emotions / too many of them.

1- defend

2- defend some more

3- ?

4- goal scored

5- win 1-0

Found the article and that bit in particular infuriating. All these years of mostly defensive work, and we've never looked a solid unit anyway.  :lol:

I don't know if it's true but am sure I once heard he trains defensively for four days a week, working on how to stop the opposition, before spending one on setting up and looking at ways to break them down.

For what it's worth I think it worked and we did look a solid unit in the season we finished 5th. I think he lucked out with personnel as Cabaye arrived to partner Tiote and we knicked Ba from West Ham, before picking up Cisse in Jan. Not sure how much he had to do with those signings, but Colo and Steve Taylor were also impressive together until Taylor did his achilies. In fact, the back four was pretty much constant which helped. They would still be my preferred two as I don't rate Williamson and in that spell they proved how well they can play together.

I've always hated this negativity from Pardew though, the 3-1 loss to Liverpool that year did my head in as Ba was so isolated, but we looked good when he got support. We were 2-0 down by then though as Pardew had worried too much about them before KO :(

The signs were even there that season....

From United For Newcastle Facebook page-

Heard some disturbing, but not unsurprising stuff about the atmosphere in the dressing room today, from a player at the club.

For obvious reasons I can't disclose a source. Several things:

1) While no personal animosity exists, Coloccini and Jonas apparently believe Pardew to be the worst coach they've ever worked under.

2) Player doesn't even know where Jonas is.

3) Player has been lied to by Pardew about playing time recently.

4) Organisation at club awful.

5) Atmosphere at the club means player wants to leave for own future despite being fan.

6) Colo stayed for the fans. Whilst there were personal problems, he wanted out to get away from Pardew and the toxicity.

7) Ben Arfa genuinely is quite unpopular in the dressing room, but that may well be down to his attitude due to being screwed over.

This is just what I heard from a player. I'm not saying any of it is definitely true, but it's probably a higher chance than most papers!

There was some more information, not hugely exciting but more laughable about the state of the club, but I can't repeat that as it may identify the player.

That's a load of turnip. Sorry like

It's not.

I agree, it sounds perfectly legit to me.

It's been interesting seeing the reaction to the England game in the national press. Lots of jokes about how boring it was and comments about "no wonder nobody wants to go and watch it"

Yet we've had that deliberately forced on us every week for nearly 4 fucking years and yet the same wankers still take a glance at the league table and tell us deluded Geordies how happy we should be with it.

1- defend

2- defend some more

3- ?

4- goal scored

5- win 1-0

I don't know if it's true but am sure I once heard he trains defensively for four days a week, working on how to stop the opposition, before spending one on setting up and looking at ways to break them down.

For what it's worth I think it worked and we did look a solid unit in the season we finished 5th. I think he lucked out with personnel as Cabaye arrived to partner Tiote and we knicked Ba from West Ham, before picking up Cisse in Jan. Not sure how much he had to do with those signings, but Colo and Steve Taylor were also impressive together until Taylor did his achilies. In fact, the back four was pretty much constant which helped. They would still be my preferred two as I don't rate Williamson and in that spell they proved how well they can play together.

I've always hated this negativity from Pardew though, the 3-1 loss to Liverpool that year did my head in as Ba was so isolated, but we looked good when he got support. We were 2-0 down by then though as Pardew had worried too much about them before KO :(

The signs were even there that season....

There probably are times to setup to defend and break but he has no idea how to implement it effectively. I don't even disagree with the principle of having solid foundations but our crumble every week plus we cant attack.

If we were even good defensively and foundations were built but were not scoring goals and had to develop there then that would be more tolerable. However we appear horrible all over the pitch and struggle like fuck when teams have a go, we look as clueless and negative as our manager. Other teams such as Palace, West Brom etc have shown you can be organised with limited players yet not look total garbage at times. We have survived and performances masked because of talent such as Cabaye, Remy, Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa. Other clubs have not had that luck and have still managed to appear organised if nothing else.

You could also argue that there is not as much pressure on them from fans compared to us and that possibly is a factor, however we have used the same set piece routine for 3 years now, don't look like we have a "style of play" unless "shit" is a style, movement is the worst I have ever seen, it's as if watching a different sport when we don't play, confidence is shot as soon as we concede rather than getting at teams.

God I hate watching us, but can't seem to stop and it brings out the worst in me.

"I think we have much more depth to our team. The last two or three years in the Premier League we have lost key players like Remy and Yohan Cabaye, and the players who have come in just haven’t been able to carry the flag. That’s not to say that they are poor players, but we just needed a little bit more quality.

Any ideas who he's slagging off here? Champions League player MYM obviously but who else? http://www.nufc.com/2014-15html/transfers-pardew.html

Answers on a postcard.