Crystal Palace manager

Mick

There's a small level of truth to the "careful what you wish for". The Pardew Out campaign was aimed directly at Pardew. It did look at times, as if that was the end game. Just getting him out. And that we assumed Ashley/Charnley would hire a better man which we now know was far from guaranteed. Nearly all our fans knew Ashley was the core problem but many may not have felt its true disgusting nature until Pardew left.

Looking back we should have spoken more about what we actually needed/wanted. Someone that plays in the Newcastle way and wants to win trophies. Rather than the "Alan Pardew is horrendous at everything" approach we took.

I totally disagree. Removing Pardew was essential. He was shielding Ashley. Still absolutely delighted that he's gone.

Aye all that was needed was change. Ashley isnt going to hire a top class manager because we've put a few banners up outlining that we like passing football. More likely to get to a good manager via a poor one & Ashley nearly losing out himself than keeping a guy who supports the minimum as Pardew did.

I can't fucking stand the be careful what you wish for cliche. Pardew needed to be jettisoned out of the club. Too many people accept the utter shit situation they are in, because they fear it could be worse. Six game winning streaks amidst relegation form would of course make any sane individual wish for something better. Pardew was a horrible manager, and a proper knob to boot. I would never accept the "security" of having this snake oil salesman as out manager. Carver is a hopeless walking taint, but it doesn't change the last few seasons under Pardew in any way.

Pardew was poor. All those three goal plus defeats, his record vs. the mackems, and the set penis are more than enough proof.

Carver being appointed and being allowed to nearly relegate us simply confirm that the club is rotten beyond what were Pardew's failings.

Cba to read all of this, but at a glance they look pretty healthy financially. 5th biggest profit in PL last year, without basically any of that coming from player sales. Second lowest wages in the league. £27m cash balance in the bank. Would still imagine they can't start throwing big wages around though. Especially not at the likes of Adebayor.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/crystal-palace-ill-fly-for-you.html

If Cabaye is available for £10 million why the f*** are we not trying to buy him?

Probably because it would be over double what we originally paid, but he's 4 years older. We won't touch him.

Shame, because I think he might of got in ahead of Colback.