Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I don't get what was brave about their approach?  Two man pivot midfield that stayed behind the ball.  Long ball tactic deployed throughout the game, with Wickham used as a deep target man.  Wingers ran at their man and pumped balls into the box at the first opportunity.  You could say allowing the fullbacks to get high up the pitch was brave, but the two man pivot stayed deep to cover.

It was classic Pardew ball.

I don't get what was brave about their approach?  Two man pivot midfield that stayed behind the ball.  Long ball tactic deployed throughout the game, with Wickham used as a deep target man.  Wingers ran at their man and pumped balls into the box at the first opportunity.  You could say allowing the fullbacks to get high up the pitch was brave, but the two man pivot stayed deep to cover.

It was classic Pardew ball.

I was expecting two clogs at CM with Cabaye as #10 and cautious wingplay.

Nah, he deploys more physical #10s these days who can cover more ground that Cabaye.  The wing play is standard as well, especially with the holding double pivot.  Pretty usual approach tbh that never committed enough men forward (until they were chasing it late on) to be considered as brave.

His subs were s*** btw.  But that was more down to the quality of players he had available - players which he has signed, cough, cough...  I guess Lee Chung-yong might improve as he gets used to the league.  Same goes for Bamford, but Mutch is pretty useless.

Nah, he deploys more physical #10s these days who can cover more ground that Cabaye.  The wing play is standard as well, especially with the holding double pivot.  Pretty usual approach tbh that never committed enough men forward (until they were chasing it late on) to be considered as brave.

Same man that regularly started Gouffran & Jonas as wide midfield defenders. Cabaye got forward a fair bit too.

He's got a more settled defence. But his fullbacks, midfield and attack are more adventurous than what he did for us and what we've seen from Stevie Mc.

His confidence & the teams morale is pretty high at the moment though.

Any adventure from the Palace side is left over legacy from Pulis' far superior coaching. Given enough time Pardew will definitely filter it out following some more confused signings and a dip in form.

As if Pardew didn't get all brave and play all the attackers in big games to only drop them after the obvious defeat for us as well :lol:

It always happened ffs.

He can't drop Cabaye so I can't see how he can make the midfield any more solid TBH. If things go wrong he could go with just two attackers I guess, and drop one of his main ballers.

Aye, that tempted me :lol:

Check the passing maps to see how little adventure came from the midfield two.  Barely a pass in the center third of Arsenal's half.  All went down the wings.  And their wingers play similar to how ours did, they're just better at it.

Aye, that tempted me :lol:

Check the passing maps to see how little adventure came from the midfield two.  Barely a pass in the center third of Arsenal's half.  All went down the wings.  And their wingers play similar to how ours did, they're just better at it.

Not to mention Arsenal did their best to shoot themselves in the foot by missing a host of early chances then failing to get a block in on Palace's only shot in the first half.

As if Pardew didn't get all brave and play all the attackers in big games to only drop them after the obvious defeat for us as well :lol:

It always happened ffs.

He can't drop Cabaye so I can't see how he can make the midfield any more solid TBH. If things go wrong he could go with just two attackers I guess, and drop one of his main ballers.

Jedinak & McArthur with Cabaye pushed on. Think Jedinak might be on the way out... the lunatic.