SackPardew.com

Decky

Our team last year was better than 10th and our squad this season (certainly if it had HBA and MYM) is better than 10th.  A decent manager would have us there quite comfortably.

Okay - 8th. Whoopdie doo.

We should be aiming to challenge in that top 6 year in year out. That's not our ambition with this owner.

So Ashley is costing us 2 places and Pardew is costing us 12?  Aye, screw it, let's keep Pardew and go after Ashley.

Our team last year was better than 10th and our squad this season (certainly if it had HBA and MYM) is better than 10th.  A decent manager would have us there quite comfortably.

Okay - 8th. Whoopdie doo.

We should be aiming to challenge in that top 6 year in year out. That's not our ambition with this owner.

So Ashley is costing us 2 places and Pardew is costing us 12?  Aye, screw it, let's keep Pardew and go after Ashley.

You'll be in for a rude awakening.

Current squad isn't good enough for NUFC

That's a whole different argument as current squad would be considerably better with a proper manager. Which takes us full circle. Sack Pardew.

The owner isn't good enough. The manager isn't good enough. The players aren't good enough.

We'll solve one problem by November but the bigger issue will not be resolved. We'll never amount to anything consistently under Ashley.

Peopel talk as if we'll sack Pardew. Ashley will hire a proper manager who isn't a puppet. And invest in the club properly.

People are acting like ridding Pardew will solve all our problems. That's my issue. It's a forward step but it's not the end destination.

I'm late to this once again (only got back home yesterday) and it's probably been discussed but I was really disappointed with the crowd/"protests" at the Hull game. 

I had my little A4 sheet ready on 4:59, ready to hold aloft with the rest of L2C and show Pardew what we thought.  Instead there were like, 10 people holding them up, with a dozen or so more in the sections above.  Probably 2 or 3 "we want Pardew out" songs all game, (only after we'd conceded, I should add) and hardly any other form of protest, really.  Disappointing to say the least.  A bit too many people are all talk, it seems

That's a whole different argument as current squad would be considerably better with a proper manager. Which takes us full circle. Sack Pardew.

The owner isn't good enough. The manager isn't good enough. The players aren't good enough.

We'll solve one problem by November but the bigger issue will not be resolved. We'll never amount to anything consistently under Ashley.

Peopel talk as if we'll sack Pardew. Ashley will hire a proper manager who isn't a puppet. And invest in the club properly.

People are acting like ridding Pardew will solve all our problems. That's my issue. It's a forward step but it's not the end destination.

So don't take any steps forward and wait for Ashley to go?

So don't take any steps forward and wait for Ashley to go?

Use your brain. Of course Pardew should go. But we would be foolish to think everything is great when that happens. I'm asking for is to keep pushing to ensure we get a decent manager and to get some ambition in the top ranks.

The Liverpool fans knew Gillett and Hicks where the driving force behind their mediocrity - with Hodgson as the primary symptom.

Nobody will think everything is great when that happens, we'll accept it to a degree if results and performances under a new manager come, but even that has it's limits (look at the reactions to us signing no-one after finishing 5th).

The problem is that Newcastle fans in general seem to just not have the energy any more to do anything, not that they don't understand what the problems are.

Nobody will think everything is great when that happens, we'll accept it to a degree if results and performances under a new manager come, but even that has it's limits (look at the reactions to us signing no-one after finishing 5th).

The problem is that Newcastle fans in general seem to just not have the energy any more to do anything, not that they don't understand what the problems are.

They don't do anything because they don't understand.

Are you suggesting that Newcastle United fans aren't fully aware Mike Ashley is the major problem with the club?

If so, what a load of shit.

FWIW I don't think the current squad is good enough. I think there's a good chance of them going down even if we get rid of Pardew and replace him with a vastly more suitable manager due to the start he's given us, I wouldn't have said that about last years squad, or the one before that.

The point still remains that Pardew needs to go, it's something the fans can directly play a part in, it's significantly more difficult to campaign against Ashley to sell the club, but I think driving his puppet out is a decent start.

Are you suggesting that Newcastle United fans aren't fully aware Mike Ashley is the major problem with the club?

If so, what a load of s***.

If the fans realised what a cancer he is - they wouldn't turn up.

Bringing those great signings and that 5th finish, along with the propaganda has made him comfortable enough to attend games again.

If the heat were on him the way it is on Pardew. He would run down back south. He's so comfortable right now.

If the heat were on him the way it is on Pardew. He would run down back south. He's so comfortable right now.

He had as much heat as we could throw at him after the Keegan sacking, he's still here.  It's important to focus efforts on Pardew because he's in the middle of relegating us and we have a real chance of forcing him out.  Focusing on Ashley when he's not going anywhere (and even if he wanted to, he can't until there's a buyer) is moronic and suicidal.

Literally ask any Newcastle fan and they'll tell you the main problem is Mike Ashley, suggesting otherwise is pointless, I'm not ever sure why you would do it.

Thing is, ask any fan in the country about their club's ownership and very few will be really happy - even those at clubs with mega rich owners spending crazy money are, in the main, not totally comfortable with it.  Ours gets a lot of attention because he's a high profile retailer but other than him I'd struggle to name many, apart from the Glazers, Short and Gibson. Even the nutters at Hull, Cardiff and QPR's names escape me despite all the press they get. Our ownership is little more than symptomatic of what English football has become in the 21st century. We're certainly not unique.

The manager issue is different. They do vary enormously.

However for Saturday's protest to have failed so miserably, despite a year of poor results, last week's 4-0 hammering and being 2-0 down at home raises a lot of questions about how they went about it. It was a moment when they had everything going for them.

My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause. We've had poorly attended marches, mock funerals, open top buses, billboards etc. We've waved flags, banners etc and had more splinter protest groups than most could remember. It seems to achieve little more than bringing a few extra press vultures up from London for a weekend hoping to pile more ridicule on us.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "cunts", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What is needed is a sane, rational, non-gimmicky agenda which engages the majority of match attending supporters and the city in general.

That or a practical, business savvy consortium like the original Magpie Group who would be taken seriously.

Literally ask any Newcastle fan and they'll tell you the main problem is Mike Ashley, suggesting otherwise is pointless, I'm not ever sure why you would do it.

Thing is, ask any fan in the country about their club's ownership and very few will be really happy - even those at clubs with mega rich owners spending crazy money are, in the main, not totally comfortable with it.  Ours gets a lot of attention because he's a high profile retailer but other than him I'd struggle to name many, apart from the Glazers, Short and Gibson. Even the nutters at Hull, Cardiff and QPR's names escape me despite all the press they get. Our ownership is little more than symptomatic of what English football has become in the 21st century. We're certainly not unique.

However for Saturday's protest to have failed so miserably, despite a year of poor results, last week's 4-0 hammering and being 2-0 down at home raises a lot of questions about how they went about it. It was a moment when they had everything going for them.

My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause. We've had poorly attended marches, mock funerals, open top buses, billboards etc. We've waved flags, banners etc and had more splinter protest groups than most could remember. It seems to achieve little more than bringing a few extra press vultures up from London for a weekend hoping to pile more ridicule on us.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "cunts", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What is needed is a sane, rational, non-gimmicky agenda which engages the majority of match attending supporters and the city in general.

That or a practical, business savvy consortium like the original Magpie Group who would be taken seriously.

Give it a try then :thup:

"My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause."

And this is the problem, and what I meant by Newcastle fans just not having the energy anymore. Whether or not anyone felt the protest was embarrassing or gimmicky, they had an opportunity to display their feelings towards Pardew and completely declined in doing so, instead deciding to "support the team."

They didn't have to hold cards or banners, or ever adhere to the set 5 minute point for a protest, but just do something. The stage was set for their voices to be heard.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "c***s", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What was irrational about the sackpardew protest?