Your favourite type of player

joeyt

I love an Andy Cole/Jermaine Defoe/Robbie Fowler type more than a creative player. Sure, it's technically better and easy on the eye, but give me someone that has a knack of banging them in from between the width of the 6 yard box to the edge of the box anytime. Love that buzz you get.

A proper midfield destroyer, constantly biting in and winning the ball - Basically a Mascherano type.

Appreciators of space who just have a gift at finding room between the lines to create something - David Silva type.

Full backs who are far too adventurous for their own good in terms of ending up beyond the strikers.

A classic goal poacher, best example to give would be inzaghi.

Didn't expect anyone to mention Inzaghi.

The 'Inzaghi' type would pretty much be my least favourite type of player. The amount of times I've shouted 'Just fucking get onside' at the TV.

Ben Arfa is my exact type of favourite player. Quick, great on the ball but most importantly for me, unpredictable. I watch football to see players do something memorable, to show that they have superior talent and Ben Arfa does that. Goals like that one against Blackburn will be one i'll never forget unlike shit like Obertan stumbling it into the back of the net last week. Robert was another player like this and I absolutely loved him.

Love a classy CB. Watching a ball-playing CB spray a beautiful pass forward right after a smooth tackle is fantastic. When he makes the tackle then, instead of hoofing the ball into the stand like others would, he plays his way out of the tight spot -- I love that.

Guest firetotheworks

Love a classy CB. Watching a ball-playing CB spray a beautiful pass forward right after a smooth tackle is fantastic. When he makes the tackle then, instead of hoofing the ball into the stand like others would, he plays his way out of the tight spot -- I love that.

When Colo and Jose were together it was great when they did that.

Nesta is far and away the best defender I've seen in my life, especially those attributes.    The way he could read a ball and just intercept play and bring the ball out calmly before passing it up the pitch.  Rarely did he need to make a last ditch tackle, but could always pull one off when needed.  :smitten:

Such a handsome bastard aswell.

My dad absolutely adores wingers that beat a man and get to the byline to get a cross in, and loved Robert and Solano.

'Traditional' centre forwards, preferably scoring lots of headers. Shearer, Drogba, Costa, Ferdinand. Quite like Pelle too.

Struggling to pick between these. A combination of both is pretty much what I love about football.

Players with the eye for a killer pass with the greatest in my generation being Zico...

Also any player that looks a class above without having any pace whatsoever as I can relate to the later part... :lol:

My dad absolutely adores wingers that beat a man and get to the byline to get a cross in, and loved Robert and Solano.

'Traditional' centre forwards, preferably scoring lots of headers. Shearer, Drogba, Costa, Ferdinand. Quite like Pelle too.

Struggling to pick between these. A combination of both is pretty much what I love about football.

Same here - I do love a traditional number 9 when they just seem like an unstoppable force of nature.

I love Iniesta, even though he's not left footed. A part of me thinks I'd like him more if he had long flowing hair but part of the Iniesta-charm is that he looks so ordinary and is very shy off the pitch and doesn't need to look flashy cos he's so f**king good

Players with flaws. Don't care on the position, but any player that can be great but is not infallible.

So basically the mid 90s Premier League where you could have a Kinkladze or a Wanchope come in and look great for poor teams. Even a Ginola for us, sublime skills but couldn't tackle for toffee. Simliarly a 'keeper like Pav above a Given, despite Shay being the better player. Even better when like Wanchope they can change the pronunciation of their name on a whim.

Oh and the Mexican keeper from USA 90 - Jorge Campos I think

Pure playmakers, that hardly even run with the ball, just play killer balls to unlock defences first time. Fabregas in the number 10 role is so great. Wish he still played there all the time.

Berbatov is one of my favourite ever players like, despite never really being at the highest level. He somehow looks the part in a way I cannot describe too.

Poor man's Zlatan.

:lol: They're nothing alike.

Superb technical ability and intelligence as well as being a big player and a goal scorer. Can look a bit lazy on the pitch. Arrogant. You're right, neither of them is anything like that.

I mean, yeah, I agree and all (my favourite type of player earlier in this thread was an inconsistent flair man and Ben Arfa nails it, if a little bit too good for my liking) but are we really pretending Obertan's goal was shit just because he is? He twatted it from 20 yards, credit where it's due. Stumbling it in ffs.

A clever, mobile gifted no.8 who's always near the ball and dictating the play and tempo. A mixture of Zidane, Xavi, Yaya, Platini. Most of the work done in the opponents half and looking to score and create.

A clever, mobile gifted no.8 who's always near the ball and dictating the play and tempo. A mixture of Zidane, Xavi, Yaya, Platini. Most of the work done in the opponents half and looking to score and create.

Enough of the games, just say Matty Pattison ffs sake.