Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/11/14 - Post-match reaction from page 22

Dave

6 in a row. Guess my decision to keep supporting the team despite the manager isn't looking so bad now. Not that I am havin a dig at anything, just saying it was stupid to will the team to lose when they're capable of good form and good results despite Pardew.

This boils my p*ss.

Just because people want Pardew out, doesn't mean we can't get behind the players aswell. It's not like you have to be exclusive to one or the other.

I still want the c*** gone even after 6 wins. It's got f*** all to do with results now. It's how he goes about them, and who is to be praised/blamed depending on the result.

My gripe was never with people wanting pardew out because I agree he's an average manager. My gripe is with the people who were praying the opposition beat us and anti-supporting the team just because they dont like pardew. With six wins in a row more and more egg is been thrown at their face. Here's to number seven against West Ham now.

You clearly need help with something in your life.

Fortunately, some people kicked up enough fuss with Pardew, that one thing has been temporarily fixed for the time being. You should be thanking the 'anti-supports' (ironic, because if they didn't care, they wouldn't have went through all the effort and money of organising it) for giving your manager a massive kick up the arse.

Tbf to Roy, people clamouring for us to lose was properly embarrassing.

Nah, you didn't agree with it. It happened under Souness like, its not unique to this board, unique to Pardew, or this club.Do you not think it was fucking grim for the people doing it? This superfan stuff is more embarrassing to me. Chastising people for giving a shit about their club, is nonsense.

What's properly embarrassing is how people's memories stretch back to a couple of weeks. It's like a constant resetting of Year 0, and as a consequence, it diminishes the ability to see Pardew's all too predictable soul-sapping pattern.

Tbf to Roy, people clamouring for us to lose was properly embarrassing.

The fact that Alan Pardew is our manager is properly embarrassing. Anything that gets him out remains the right thing for NUFC in the medium and long term.

Nobody genuinely enjoyed or wanted to see us lose.  People are confusing looking at the long term and thinking a loss would be good if Pardew goes, with actually any kind of wanting or enjoying of defeat.  Nobody genuinely wanted to see a run of defeats because they wanted Newcastle as a team to lose.  It was completely based on Pardew losing almost every game and the vain hope that one more might see him gone.  You can see how happy and relieved people are to see us win when they realised Pardew was basically unsackable and that wins were badly needed to help us avoid relegation no matter who was in charge.

I can never cheer us to lose a game, no matter what, but I wouldn't judge anyone who did at the time.  That's not the same as people actually wanting defeats though, it's more seeing the defeats as a necessary evil.  I was of the opinion that long term if defeats got rid of Pardew they were for the good, even if I didn't like them on the day of the game.  It got to be an untenable position though where it looked like we were sinking without trace.  I can't stand the idea of another championship season.  That league is dreadful.

There was literally nothing embarrassing about wanting the team to lose if you believed it would spell the end of a manager crippling the side, it completely boggles my mind why some people cannot understand the reasoning behind it :lol:

Unless of course it's all just a continuation of this point scoring bollocks (from both sides), which has led to the weird division between our supporters despite everybody apparently wanting Pardew gone.

I can sort of see why people didn't want us to lose regardless of our future like, although I tried my hardest to convert them I realised that all they wanted to do was turn up and cheer on 'the lads', at least they're consistent (except that 1 day last season when they decided to ferociously boo him back to the dugout for some reason). I still maintain it was completely myopic and it's because of that view that Alan Pardew is still in charge, over a year after nearly relegating us. Not the view that we shouldn't wish our team to lose, but the view that airing your views against Alan Pardew is in effect not supporting the team.

Touch of class from Sissoko to win it but that must rank as one of the worst games of football I've ever been to.

Really? That was one of our better games, it was us who were on the front foot and taking the game to them, which hardly happens anymore. A little bit better finishing and it could have been more like 4-0.

Touch of class from Sissoko to win it but that must rank as one of the worst games of football I've ever been to.

Really? That was one of our better games, it was us who were on the front foot and taking the game to them, which hardly happens anymore. A little bit better finishing and it could have been more like 4-0.

I thought it was grim, dull as dishwater, but a wins a win and grinding results out in this league ain't easy.

Sissoko seemed to be outstanding looking at the highlights

Chelsea 3-2 possbily aside it was best performance for me, so far ahead of anyone else on the pitch it was pathetic. If he didn't score/assist we'd not have scored today IMO.

Guest optimistic nit

There was literally nothing embarrassing about wanting the team to lose if you believed it would spell the end of a manager crippling the side, it completely boggles my mind why some people cannot understand the reasoning behind it :lol:

Unless of course it's all just a continuation of this point scoring bollocks (from both sides), which has led to the weird division between our supporters despite everybody apparently wanting Pardew gone.

I can sort of see why people didn't want us to lose regardless of our future like, although I tried my hardest to convert them I realised that all they wanted to do was turn up and cheer on 'the lads', at least they're consistent (except that 1 day last season when they decided to ferociously boo him back to the dugout for some reason). I still maintain it was completely myopic and it's because of that view that Alan Pardew is still in charge, over a year after nearly relegating us. Not the view that we shouldn't wish our team to lose, but the view that airing your views against Alan Pardew is in effect not supporting the team.

we're 5th in the league...

and a few weeks ago we were rimming the asshole of the league with even Sunderland's taint hanging above us.

It's not just about the results, there's clear issues with Pardew which will never change and we won't keep it up anyway.

"we are 5th in the league doe" is so short sighted, but as usual only the last result matters and two to three years of s**** doesn't.

Short term views like these are why we are where we are.

wew

I don't know why but I thought Optomystyc Knight was Optimistic Nut and that someone had fucked around with his username :lol:

Was all ready to make comment asking what happened to the name until I clicked on his profile and realised it wasn't Nut :lol:

He was never going to be, matchday squad as a boon to a young lad is standard practise.

On a seperate note - got to the match 20 mins early today, won't be doing that again - pumping out shite from the screen and holding music, was like being at the cinema aside from you can't see the sceen. Awful.

I don't know why but I thought Optomystyc Knight was Optimistic Nut and that someone had f***ed around with his username :lol:

Was all ready to make comment asking what happened to the name until I clicked on his profile and realised it wasn't Nut :lol:

POTY

Fucking deja-vu.

Fuck me, Moussa Sissoko was class. Never doubted he had this in his locker; weird how a run in his best position has prompted his best form for us. Hail Pardew, it only took him two years to realise.

There's no use in preferring the team to lose because he's here forever; fortunately atm there are a handful of factors that has my interest clinging on by a thread. Enjoyed the goal, enjoyed the win, happy for the lads, felt shite for Raylor, hate Pardew and want the horrible bastard out of my club.

I don't know why but I thought Optomystyc Knight was Optimistic Nut and that someone had f***ed around with his username :lol:

:milner:

Fucking deja-vu.

Need that gif (Kasper?) made of Pardew logging on SP.com :lol: