Leicester City 1-0 Newcastle United (FT) - Post Match Reaction from Page 18

BlueStar

@JohnBrewinESPN  1m1 minute ago East, England

Newcastle by no means the worst team around but each season, they always put in the worst performance I see. Today was one of those. Awful.

Sounds about right.

It wasn't so much that it happened but the way it happened and how it was the climax point of the the shitness.

The lack of effort from the players to try and get us back in the game at the end truly had to be seen to be believed. Convinced it was a deliberate effort to exit the cup and even more obvious than the previous years. Last few years we were outplayed by Brighton and Stevenage; today Leicester were fucking abysmal and still got through easily. Just can't get my head around us physically being that shit without doing it on purpose :lol:

First match I've been to since December 2013, up there with the two Brighton defeats and the Stevenage disaster in terms of performance. Fucking dire, left in the 80th minute and went for some bait before the bus home. Carver is a cunt.

Literally everybody was dogshit. I'd probably say Cabella was our best player and he was terrible.

Cabella had some good moments I thought. Could see him getting frustrated with those around him. Definitely our best player on the day.

"Milking" is not the right word but Carver did drag out applauding the fans and getting the players to get quite close to them so it kind of felt like he was inviting the abuse.  The players would have been desperate to get back in to the changing room but with most of them being kids, they had no choice but to hang around until he turned back.

What I noticed during those highlights:

Alnwick actually saved some shots. Made them look far harder than they were for the most part, but whatever.

I enjoyed Willo repeatedly pointing at the man he wanted Satka to take, only for Satka to completely ignore him, and then end up horribly out of position.

Fin.

Brian McNally ‏@McNallyMirror  2m2 minutes ago

Way Newcastle are run by this awful Ashley regime came home to roost today.Fans furious with club's lack of ambition & Carver's team #nufc

McNally is a mackem and I don't usually like his stuff, but he's spot-on with this - the result was predictable just as those at Brighton etc were in the past, a low-scoring defeat by poor opposition in order to maintain the club's record of staying out of unnecessary distractions such as the FA Cup. Those running the club have even admitted this, so anyone who either travels expecting anything else or lives in expectation of a Cup run is living in dreamland.

I had a feeling that the result would be on these lines and that Carver hasn't the ability to be a PL manager, let alone the manager of NUFC, but he has faithfully followed Ashley's blueprint for making money out of NUFC and that alone could see him installed permanently if he gets one or two decent results before the end of Jan.

Hope I'm wrong, but still can't see a decent end to all this - we actually get money for Pardew then think of appointing a stop-gap which could see us relegated and then the owner departs, leaving any purchaser a mammoth task .

I told you Newcastle should be careful what they wished for, without Pardew they can't even beat Leicester in the cup.

Yep - and Pardew was really successful against giants like Brighton, wasn't he..!?

I told you Newcastle should be careful what they wished for, without Pardew they can't even beat Leicester in the cup.

Yep - and Pardew was really successful against giants like Brighton, wasn't he..!?

:lol: exactly, and Stevenage. You can see Pardew apologists throwing that one about now.

:lol: exactly, and Stevenage. You can see Pardew apologists throwing that one about now.

Definitely.

But Bluestar was taking the piss.

Definitely.

But Bluestar was taking the p*ss.

Kinda got that impression after I posted. Fair enough :thup:

The anger/booing is justified. Carver openly lied to every one about what to expect today. They have to face up to it.

The booing got louder when the players came over to applaud the away fans. Satka, Armstrong, Roberts, Alnwick were all there applauding whilst the away end absolutely slated them. Seasoned pros like Tiote, Anita (who I've stuck up for previously) and Riviere should really hang their heads in shame after their efforts.

Someone needs to explain to these kids that "defending" a 1-0 defeat in injury time the Cup is pointless, spineless and pretty fucking insulting to the traveling fans. I have no confidence that anyone within the club will deliver this message so I took this into my own hands at the end, fortunately for me 4,000+ decided to do the same do I didn't look like a complete mentalist.

Might have been a little shitty on the kids but when we're 1-0 down going into the last 10 minutes in next year's 3rd Round hopefully a memory will twig, they'll remember that actually this isn't a good result and bother their arses to try and get back in the game. Probably the direct opposite of what Lawrie Sanchez/Chas/Dave/whoever is in the dug-out will be telling them to do and all.

A section from .com's report

With Vurnon Anita having a shocker in midfield, Cheick Tiote again more of a danger to his team mates and Haris Vuckic failing to make an impact, forwards Adam Armstrong and Emmanuel Riviere were totally ineffective.

Remy Cabella was busy but brainless again and if the dynamic duo in charge had any idea of a team formation, Carver and Steve Stone failed to communicate it to the shambles on the pitch or any of the substitutes joining the fray.

The game limped to its inevitable conclusion with a Vuckic free-kick hit straight at the wall, a short corner being played out for a throw-in and an Anita pass to debutant Callum Roberts giving the youngster no chance of reaching it.

I tweeted yesterday for any potential shit stirrers that Pardew's overall FA Cup 3rd Round record for us was:

- Played: 4

- Lost: 3

- Won: 1

- Scored: 4

- Conceded: 8

Teams lost to: Stevenage, Brighton, Cardiff City.

And that's before you take into account that the one time we did win a 3rd round tie was when we lost absolutely pathetically to Brighton away (Poyet, again). That Blackburn match was only saved by one of the best goals you will ever see (Ben Arfa) and a last second goal from Jonas.

Why the hell did they move the draw to a Monday night - then move the games over about 5 days? It's tucking stupid- feel like the cup has been ruined this year- the only game on bbc over the weekend arsenal hull at 6pm on a Sunday while the likes of blyth etc not even on