NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, not saying people are lying but I’ve bought several things from Castore for gym and boxing or whatever and the material they use is leagues above Nike and Adidas. Haven’t bought any of their NUFC stuff though so who knows…

Find their gear to be generally tight fitting. I'm a medium 9 times out of 10 and bought last seasons blue top the other week in sports direct in the sale. Didn't even try it on, took it home and squeezed into it. Managed to stretch it out a bit. 

Tried a medium on yesterday in one of their long sleeve 1/4 zip tops. Looked as if it had been painted on. 

Got the large in the end. 

If anyones bothered like. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

I know not everyone will have this option but going into the club shop where they have thousands of shirts, you’ll be able to pick out one with great stitching and a better badge.

:lol: you shouldn't have to do that though.

just had a look on Twitter and there are hundreds of complaints from our lot and Rangers fans. imagine the amount of people who won't tweet, or maybe even notice the defects in their brand new £65 shirt. it's a total joke and Castore are shameful. price and market themselves as high-end, reality is they're anything but.

not even mentioning the state of the embroidery, the farce with pre-orders, shirts arriving with no sponsor, staggered release in various shops before the official release.

:lol: not even sure why I get so rattled, just think we deserve better tbh.

Much prefer the stitched crest albeit the u and n on United is almost free of any thread. Still better than the patch things from Puma. Pity I didn’t manage to get a sponsor free one.

35 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Didn't have them in stock yesterday. 

Went to the metrocentre today and they had the noone sleeve patch. I asked them to put it on my shirt. They did this but it melted, so they gave me a new top without it😂😂

4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Each to their own but people asking for sponsors is blowing my mind!

I got a shirt with none on at all and it's class!

I think it's to do with the fact it doesn't look like the real deal without them, so it'd feel like you'd just as well could've picked up a snide one in Turkey.

Hi
Castore will have multiple 3rd party manufacturers to produce their products in different countries (mainly Asia in my experience) looking at pics due to demand QC levels have gone down to meet these.  Bonuses for hitting targets ect plays a big part in production especially in replica kit.

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

I think it's to do with the fact it doesn't look like the real deal without them, so it'd feel like you'd just as well could've picked up a snide one in Turkey.

Best thing to do would be to get the blue star put on it.

I actually seen a snide one yesterday on a youngin. Sad thing is the quality on his was on par with the official one [emoji38]

It was missing a couple of details, and the Castore logo looked thinner but the overall quality of it looked perfectly fine.

29 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I actually seen a snide one yesterday on a youngin. Sad thing is the quality on his was on par with the official one [emoji38]

It was missing a couple of details, and the Castore logo looked thinner but the overall quality of it looked perfectly fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same people making them. "Ah, shit, the Castore logo looks a bit thin on that one, sell it on DHgate" [emoji38]

2 hours ago, andyman said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same people making them. "Ah, shit, the Castore logo looks a bit thin on that one, sell it on DHgate" [emoji38]

That's exactly what happens. 

All shirts come from the same factories. 

15 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Would love for us to bin off Castore and bring in a local company to make our kit. People who are actually proud to be Newcastle supporters.

I think that would end up even more of a disaster than Castore.

There are issues with Production pipelines and Castore are clearly struggling to manage the demand NUFC has. They are not quality checking to the level they should I order to make up time.

It's sloppy but not even the big boys are struggling now, so it's kinda expected.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Guest dazzanufc1892
42 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Would love for us to bin off Castore and bring in a local company to make our kit. People who are actually proud to be Newcastle supporters.

That’ll help FFP then lol

I'd like Nike or New Balance. However I get the impression the club doesn't want to, or doesn't have the structure in place to run our own shop and would prefer either an SD or a Castore to run the retail side at their end. I can't see Nike taking over distro and retail for us, they'll just want to do what they do best and pump out the mass produced merch via other retailers. 

I read an article many, many moons ago in either FourFourTwo or Total Football (yeah, we’re talking late ‘90s) which argued for clubs manufacturing their own kits, as in the medium- to long-term they’d make a lot more money than they do from receiving a lumper and a minuscule cut per shirt.

Couldn’t be any worse than Castore tbf

2 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

I'd like Nike or New Balance. However I get the impression the club doesn't want to, or doesn't have the structure in place to run our own shop and would prefer either an SD or a Castore to run the retail side at their end. I can't see Nike taking over distro and retail for us, they'll just want to do what they do best and pump out the mass produced merch via other retailers. 

That was literally part of the deal that Ashley negotiated last year, we have no idea what the new owners long term ideas are around this. They are recruiting staff into every other part of the club,. What makes you think that they wish to keep the current arrangement, beyond the fact they don’t wish to pay to exit the existing contract? Which no doubt would be prohibitive given it was negotiated by the business genius that was our former owner (Not to mention the fact it is increasingly looking likely he has a stake in Castore himself).

14 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wouldn't like Nike, all their shirts this season have the same template no matter the club. Umbro, Adidas or New Balance for me. Adidas would probably do redone retro stuff like they have done for Arsenal, if they did that for us they'd make an absolute fortune

Definitely Adidas for me. Their retro Arsenal and Man Utd lines have been hellish.