NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Yeah they really need to evaluate the cost of stuff, or am I just tight?

They only sell this stuff in a one off run as well. Why not just reduce the cost to say 50/60 quid and sell in larger quantities.

Because they seem to be a ramshackle outfit interested in a quick profit above all else? 

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Yeah they really need to evaluate the cost of stuff, or am I just tight?

They only sell this stuff in a one off run as well. Why not just reduce the cost to say 50/60 quid and sell in larger quantities.

Castore are just pricey across the range tbh, which is fine for there general sports wear as they can set the price to whatever they like, but for their clubs they need to make it way more affordable, especially since they just took on a hell of a lot of business.

Though they do tend to have a sales on all the time, so worth keeping an eye out.

That said that Anthem jacket is proper lush.

They priced prem kits in the paper the other day and we were not in the top half for costs. 

the problem is most other clubs seem to do some cheap stuff as well as the expensive stuff. We don’t seem to have any cheap stuff. To be honest all our stuff is beyond the money I am willing to spend ideally.

think Tottenham were well up the price league for example, 

622C3597-70D5-4F67-B3A6-FBBBCC36751C.jpeg

3F29F33E-1825-404D-8BF7-0E65056215C5.jpeg

The club has nowt in it tbf. Barely any (if at all?) in-house merchandise.

Always felt the club shop had some good stuff in back in the late 90's/early 00's and then Mike Ashley slapped our name on any old shite in the end.

I say this as I have kids who are obviously more interested, they generally want nufc everything!

I finally got refunded the £65 I paid in early July for my off centre NEWCASTLE Castore logo hoody today. I was informed that the £65 was a refund for a 3XL away shirt that I never ordered, but hey £65 is £65. 

They've priced a lot of their gear at a price they simply can't justify. 

They have a few technical pieces that are supposed to be quality products and possibly worth it but they apply the same premium cost across all of the stuff they sell. 

I've seen runners and golfers with similar complaints about those ranges too. Way overpriced in terms of quality in comparison to other similar items on the market. 

Then you throw in all the problems they have with customer services and distribution. People not actually recieving anything after a month, people receiving wrong items, people not getting refunds. Getting no response when you contact them.

Trying to con everyone into thinking their a high end brand but operate like a dodgy eBay seller. 

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

They've priced a lot of their gear at a price they simply can't justify. 

They have a few technical pieces that are supposed to be quality products and possibly worth it but they apply the same premium cost across all of the stuff they sell. 

I've seen runners and golfers with similar complaints about those ranges too. Way overpriced in terms of quality in comparison to other similar items on the market. 

Then you throw in all the problems they have with customer services and distribution. People not actually recieving anything after a month, people receiving wrong items, people not getting refunds. Getting no response when you contact them.

Trying to con everyone into thinking their a high end brand but operate like a dodgy eBay seller. 

This.

The Castore hoodie looked proper quality. It arrived like something you'd see on a stall in Antalya next to some snide handbags.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

The club has nowt in it tbf. Barely any (if at all?) in-house merchandise.

Always felt the club shop had some good stuff in back in the late 90's/early 00's and then Mike Ashley slapped our name on any old shite in the end.

I say this as I have kids who are obviously more interested, they generally want nufc everything!

Aye, would be good if we also teamed up with Fanatics who do great things like bobble hats etc.

53 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, would be good if we also teamed up with Fanatics who do great things like bobble hats etc.

I like that. Keeps essentially a corporate club-shop cool and community feeling. Instead of SJH trying to shut all that stuff down (was a ton of it mind) get together.

12 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

They priced prem kits in the paper the other day and we were not in the top half for costs. 

the problem is most other clubs seem to do some cheap stuff as well as the expensive stuff. We don’t seem to have any cheap stuff. To be honest all our stuff is beyond the money I am willing to spend ideally.

think Tottenham were well up the price league for example, 

622C3597-70D5-4F67-B3A6-FBBBCC36751C.jpeg

3F29F33E-1825-404D-8BF7-0E65056215C5.jpeg

Those Tech Fleece Hoodies are generally around £100-110 for the standard / non-club versions from Nike anyway, so if anything they haven't raised the price with it being football club merch.

One thing to remember though, if we went to Nike, that those could be the sort of prices we'd have to pay also for kit and clothing.

However, Castore are taking the P155 charging those prices as a new supplier, with the quality and supply issues. At least the likes of Nike and Adidas are of course well established and would have less of those issues. 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah I just tried it myself. That’s strange 

Defo think they’ve taken the option away with that shirt going back on/Isak signing.

Ordered it anyways, might get my lass to pay for it as it won’t be here till Christmas can be a present to open.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Defo think they’ve taken the option away with that shirt going back on/Isak signing.

Ordered it anyways, might get my lass to pay for it as it won’t be here till Christmas can be a present to open.

Might be something to do with it being a pre order?