AshleyOut.com

TK-421

I think relegation would be a disaster for NUFC but not for Ashley.  It would just be an irritation for him but whether it would push him into selling depends on what his intentions are and as ever, no-one has any idea about that and probably no-one at the club does either. 

I just cannot imagine what kind of team we would be able to put out next season as the best players would leave and if the ones we want to leave end up staying then I can't see us coming back up.  To have the right mentality for that league, they would have to look at British players and I can imagine clubs would hike their prices up for such players where we are concerned because everyone knows we have money in the bank.

The parachute payment would keep them going for a while but season ticket cancellations and a significant fall in attendances would certainly have more of a financial impact than in the Premier League and I do not expect they would get the same kind of attendances as they did when we were last relegated.

It could take years to recover but at a time when everyone else is moving further ahead, would we ever get back to where we were even a couple of years ago?

I lurch between wanting relegation and fearing it.  For Ashley, any losses are a drop in the ocean for him and as there is no emotional attachment to the club, if he decides to go, he won't care what he has left behind.

One thing is for certain, if it happens, I won't be upset like last time.  It will be down to the incompetence and arrogance of those running the club and it will serve themselves right.

I think Ashley could be approaching his end game i.e. strip the club including the first team to the absolute bare bones, rin it into the ground and then f*** off. He has history.

I have always thought that.  The club is a shadow of what it was when he bought it.  He's sold off what he can and every area of the club is seriously under-resourced.  The only value the club seems to have now is the potential TV earnings.  He could also screw us on the commercial side depending on his conditions for a sale.  People talk about new owners having to invest in the squad but they will have to invest in the club's entire infrastructure as the current operation is barely holding together.

I think Ashley could be approaching his end game i.e. strip the club including the first team to the absolute bare bones, rin it into the ground and then f*** off. He has history.

I have always thought that.  The club is a shadow of what it was when he bought it.  He's sold off what he can and every area of the club is seriously under-resourced.  The only value the club seems to have now is the potential TV earnings.  He could also screw us on the commercial side depending on his conditions for a sale.  People talk about new owners having to invest in the squad but they will have to invest in the club's entire infrastructure as the current operation is barely holding together.

The one thing about him selling the club that bothers me is how deep his grubby little fingers go, it's not just a basic flat rate buys your the club and the debt you have to consider how much of the commercial side of it is his, how much he has outsourced to his own companies and how any new owners would go about getting all that back to rebuild the entire shitheap.

No one in their right mind would buy a club with Ashley still making money from shirt sales and advertising revenue. How much will all that cost??

I'd rather be in a lower league trying to win something than in the 'best league in the world' as a zombie club only interested in suckling at Skys tit.

don't like this zombie club reference that seems to be catching on :lol:

we're in a self-induced coma to allow a parasite to feed on us, granted it's not quite as catchy

I'm as anti Ashley as anyone, but I really don't see what wanting relegation is going to get us. He's already stuck with us going down once before so what's going to be different this time. Plus the only realistic chance of getting rid of him is if a wealthy investor comes in and offers him plenty of money, which is surely less likely for a club not in the Premiership?

I agree.

I want to go down to League 2 though

I think relegation would be a disaster for NUFC but not for Ashley.  It would just be an irritation for him but whether it would push him into selling depends on what his intentions are and as ever, no-one has any idea about that and probably no-one at the club does either. 

I just cannot imagine what kind of team we would be able to put out next season as the best players would leave and if the ones we want to leave end up staying then I can't see us coming back up.  To have the right mentality for that league, they would have to look at British players and I can imagine clubs would hike their prices up for such players where we are concerned because everyone knows we have money in the bank.

The parachute payment would keep them going for a while but season ticket cancellations and a significant fall in attendances would certainly have more of a financial impact than in the Premier League and I do not expect they would get the same kind of attendances as they did when we were last relegated.

It could take years to recover but at a time when everyone else is moving further ahead, would we ever get back to where we were even a couple of years ago?

I lurch between wanting relegation and fearing it.  For Ashley, any losses are a drop in the ocean for him and as there is no emotional attachment to the club, if he decides to go, he won't care what he has left behind.

One thing is for certain, if it happens, I won't be upset like last time.  It will be down to the incompetence and arrogance of those running the club and it will serve themselves right.

The club may suffer for a long time but quite honestly I'm so disillusioned with footy at the moment I couldn't care less.

What's the point in being in the premier league anyway? Unless you're owned by a billionaire who is going to splash the cash the chances of getting even a champion league place are virtually nil. Everyone else just picks up the pieces and prays for a cup upset, not the existence I could tolerate for much longer.

If you go down at least you could have a club for the fans once he's left. A team that cares and the ups and downs that go with it, not knowing what the season will bring and meeting some decent clubs and people along the way.

Look at FC Manchester for example, that's what I could get behind - a club run be fans for everyone.

But you'd be in a league where the only aim is to get into another league that you don't want to be in anyway.  As shallow as the Premier League has become I'd still rather be there than in the Championship, all we really want is rid of Ashley.  The only question is does being out of the Premier League get rid of Ashley?, I'm not confident it would.

But you'd be in a league where the only aim is to get into another league that you don't want to be in anyway.  As shallow as the Premier League has become I'd still rather be there than in the Championship, all we really want is rid of Ashley.  The only question is does being out of the Premier League get rid of Ashley?, I'm not confident it would.

going down should be the last resort as at least if you're in it and trying to compete you have a theoretical advantage over 72 other clubs to be able to try and win a cup, something we should never turn our nose up at I reckon

going down somehow feels like the best thing for the club in its present state mind, it need decimating and rebuilding regardless of the division

Its just shit in general.

As has been said above, what is the actual point of being in the premier league? Unless you have shit loads of money there isnt. Swansea have had there best season ever, yet where they going to finish, 8th? What does that really mean? Theyre not gonna remember it in 10 years, theyre not going to push on and get in the top 4 because they dont have the money, so what will the aim be next season? Finish 8th again.

Football and especially the premier league is just so shit now. Theres only about 4 clubs that can realistically win the league, and even thats a stretch, only about 5 clubs who can realistically challenege for the champions league, the rest just hope not to get relegated.

Even the Championship, yeah its amazing to come into the Prem, but then they get there and its shit and they realise sky have ruined footbal and arent that bothered about going down again.

I might just start following non league, a team who has no chance of getting to the prem but could go up a couple of divisions and just have some exciting seasons.

Went to my second game of 2015 yesterday with one of my teenage kids. We picked up a couple of the Ashley out red cards and I put them in our shopping bag. At the entrance a steward asked to search my bag and pulled out the cards asking 'what are these?' I replied they were my personal property and snatched them back. As I entered the ground the steward was shouting 'Stop that man, don't let him in' etc but the steward on the gate just laughed and let me in. Wasn't sure whether they had the right to bar me or not. Anyone know?

Went to my second game of 2015 yesterday with one of my teenage kids. We picked up a couple of the Ashley out red cards and I put them in our shopping bag. At the entrance a steward asked to search my bag and pulled out the cards asking 'what are these?' I replied they were my personal property and snatched them back. As I entered the ground the steward was shouting 'Stop that man, don't let him in' etc but the steward on the gate just laughed and let me in. Wasn't sure whether they had the right to bar me or not. Anyone know?

the fact they didn't stop you is your answer

It's a genuine police state in there, horrendous

Spot on, I wonder if the board will announce some sort of checklist fans will have to go through. Never criticise the manager or the owner or the managing director will tell you off via the chronicle. All we want you to do is sit down, shut up and continue to pay week in week out while there is no chance of any ambition at this football club. Also continue to shop at sports direct to help mike make more money.

Its just shit in general.

As has been said above, what is the actual point of being in the premier league? Unless you have shit loads of money there isnt. Swansea have had there best season ever, yet where they going to finish, 8th? What does that really mean? Theyre not gonna remember it in 10 years, theyre not going to push on and get in the top 4 because they dont have the money, so what will the aim be next season? Finish 8th again.

Football and especially the premier league is just so shit now. Theres only about 4 clubs that can realistically win the league, and even thats a stretch, only about 5 clubs who can realistically challenege for the champions league, the rest just hope not to get relegated.

Even the Championship, yeah its amazing to come into the Prem, but then they get there and its shit and they realise sky have ruined footbal and arent that bothered about going down again.

I might just start following non league, a team who has no chance of getting to the prem but could go up a couple of divisions and just have some exciting seasons.

The main problem is that the emergence of Chelsea and Man City has meant that even the Europa League places have become extremely difficult to obtain via the league. English football has always had a couple of powerhouses in it but those clubs have now been bumped down a level and filled the gaps that everyone else used to aspire to. If you go back even five years and before, everyone had a shot at Europe. We got in regularly, Ipswich qualified, Boro qualified, Man City (when they were shit), Villa, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham... there was always enough spaces to ensure that the average PL club could get into Europe with a decent season.

Now once you get to safety, that no longer exists and everyone goes through the motions for three or four months - not as much as NUFC but it's still there.

I know there's this idea now that the UEFA Cup is to be avoided at all costs but I'll never buy into that. European football should be every Premier League club's aim as a given.

Its just s*** in general.

As has been said above, what is the actual point of being in the premier league? Unless you have s*** loads of money there isnt. Swansea have had there best season ever, yet where they going to finish, 8th? What does that really mean? Theyre not gonna remember it in 10 years, theyre not going to push on and get in the top 4 because they dont have the money, so what will the aim be next season? Finish 8th again.

Football and especially the premier league is just so s*** now. Theres only about 4 clubs that can realistically win the league, and even thats a stretch, only about 5 clubs who can realistically challenege for the champions league, the rest just hope not to get relegated.

Even the Championship, yeah its amazing to come into the Prem, but then they get there and its s*** and they realise sky have ruined footbal and arent that bothered about going down again.

The main problem is that the emergence of Chelsea and Man City has meant that even the Europa League places have become extremely difficult to obtain via the league. English football has always had a couple of powerhouses in it but those clubs have now been bumped down a level and filled the gaps that everyone else used to aspire to. If you go back even five years and before, everyone had a shot at Europe. We got in regularly, Ipswich qualified, Boro qualified, Man City (when they were s***), Villa, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham... there was always enough spaces to ensure that the average PL club could get into Europe with a decent season.

Now once you get to safety, that no longer exists and everyone goes through the motions for three or four months - not as much as NUFC but it's still there.

I know there's this idea now that the UEFA Cup is to be avoided at all costs but I'll never buy into that. European football should be every Premier League club's aim as a given.

It's going to be tottenham and liverpool securing those europa league positions for the next few seasons. As getting into europe via the fa cup has been scrapped.

Its just s*** in general.

As has been said above, what is the actual point of being in the premier league? Unless you have s*** loads of money there isnt. Swansea have had there best season ever, yet where they going to finish, 8th? What does that really mean? Theyre not gonna remember it in 10 years, theyre not going to push on and get in the top 4 because they dont have the money, so what will the aim be next season? Finish 8th again.

Football and especially the premier league is just so s*** now. Theres only about 4 clubs that can realistically win the league, and even thats a stretch, only about 5 clubs who can realistically challenege for the champions league, the rest just hope not to get relegated.

Even the Championship, yeah its amazing to come into the Prem, but then they get there and its s*** and they realise sky have ruined footbal and arent that bothered about going down again.

The main problem is that the emergence of Chelsea and Man City has meant that even the Europa League places have become extremely difficult to obtain via the league. English football has always had a couple of powerhouses in it but those clubs have now been bumped down a level and filled the gaps that everyone else used to aspire to. If you go back even five years and before, everyone had a shot at Europe. We got in regularly, Ipswich qualified, Boro qualified, Man City (when they were s***), Villa, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham... there was always enough spaces to ensure that the average PL club could get into Europe with a decent season.

It's going to be tottenham and liverpool securing those europa league positions for the next few seasons. As getting into europe via the fa cup has been scrapped.

Didn't realise that, so only the FA Cup winner gets the space now? Jesus.