Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When we went down last time it was almost a blessing.  We knew that we'd be rid of a lot of the shite that had done their absolute minimum to aid the team and for the most part they all buggered off to achieve nothing of note elsewhere.  This time around it's different, I feel that if we were to go down we'd lose all the players who a half-way decent manager might be able to do something with and be left with all the dross.  Carver & the rest of the fuckwits in the coaching team would remain, Taylor, Taylor, Colo, Jonas, Colback, Williamson, etc.  all the dross in the team that should have been shifted years ago would remain, anyone else with an ounce of talent or ambition would be off like a rocket.

If we go down we'd need a miracle to get us back up at the first attempt, more likely we'd just drop even further.

When we went down last time it was almost a blessing.  We knew that we'd be rid of a lot of the shite that had done their absolute minimum to aid the team and for the most part they all buggered off to achieve nothing of note elsewhere.  This time around it's different, I feel that if we were to go down we'd lose all the players who a half-way decent manager might be able to do something with and be left with all the dross.  Carver & the rest of the fuckwits in the coaching team would remain, Taylor, Taylor, Colo, Jonas, Colback, Williamson, etc.  all the dross in the team that should have been shifted years ago would remain, anyone else with an ounce of talent or ambition would be off like a rocket.

If we go down we'd need a miracle to get us back up at the first attempt, more likely we'd just drop even further.

Good.  We'll likely get Carver no matter what so watching him and the geniuses who came up with this amazing plan get their arses kicked down to League One and beyond will be sweet.

Or a bit of minimal tweaking leads to us picking up an extra six points and jobs a good'un for another year.

Precisely. Didn't bother him in the slightest that Pardew took until the penultimate game to secure survival the season before last. They had no plan for him leaving, remember.

I voted "no" i generally dont want the club relegated. 

On the other hand the club probably deserves to go down due to the way it is managed and how Ashley shows contempt for the league and other competitions.

The fans, who turn up constantly through all this mess should not have to sit through this.

I generally would never come out with a line like thi,  I do think NUFC fans deserve something better than the current way the club is managed/ran.

As fans there is not a good or even viable option for us at the moment. As long as Ashley owns the club it's out of our hands.

Pretty much. whatever happens, happens.  The fans cant be blamed for this. 

Guest chopey

I've finally decided that I want us to stay up, we are much more of a saveable asset in the Premier league. However my boots won't touch St James Park when Ashley still owns us because I still believe that the minute you spend any money on Newcastle United's products or services then you justify his ownership. 

I want us to stay up, but in all honesty, if we go down I will be able to see the funny side this time. Ashley will lose some money and, even though he's got more than enough and it probably shouldn't upset him, because of his horrendous ego it will upset him. Good.

If we go down, the idea of Ashley losing money would be very amusing. I'd also love to see that smug worm Charnley (who's always seemed very pleased with himself because the club manages to finish midtable and avoid cup runs) explain his way out of it. But it would be a disaster make no mistake. Us going down probably won't make Ashley leave any quicker. I've also seen people getting excited about playing in the Championship because of our positive experience last time, but we'd soon get bored if we had to spend more than a season in that division, and if we get promoted, we're back to aiming for midtable mediocrity again. That's if we ever get promoted back again...

Ashley losing money? He's supposedly worth £4 Billion. I've read he rates NUFC as worth £300 million. If NUFC halves in value to £150 million on relegation he will have lost 3.75% of his total worth. I doubt he'll give a s***. He gains or loses similar amounts each year on stock market fluctuations. If he did give a s*** he might have allowed some 0.5% (£20 million) of his worth to be spent to try to ensure relegation didn't happen.

Ashley losing money? He's supposedly worth £4 Billion. I've read he rates NUFC as worth £300 million. If NUFC halves in value to £150 million on relegation he will have lost 3.75% of his total worth. I doubt he'll give a s***. He gains or loses similar amounts each year on stock market fluctuations. If he did give a s*** he might have allowed some 0.5% (£20 million) of his worth to be spent to try to ensure relegation didn't happen.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Ashley is as tight as a duck's arse. I bet he gets annoyed if he loses a penny. The reason he didn't spend that 20m is because relegation seemed so utterly inconceivable in January. Remember, there's also an obscene amount of TV money he'd miss out on.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Ashley is as tight as a duck's arse. I bet he gets annoyed if he loses a penny. The reason he didn't spend that 20m is because relegation seemed so utterly inconceivable in January. Remember, there's also an obscene amount of TV money he'd miss out on.

He could have spent some money on a proper manager any time after the January transfer window closed. He didn't so I assume he isn't that bothered. He likes to gamble. He bought £43m worth of Tesco shares. Those shares probably won't bounce back for years if at all. Some of his bets come off and some of them don't.