Do you want NUFC to be relegated?

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was there ever any context behind his "not selling until at least the end of the 2015/2016 season" comment? Seems like an odd thing to say if there's no intention at all to sell.

Its a way to pacify fans, there's absolutely no reason for him to sell now or in a years time as things stand.

I always thought that they came up with that year just to get the fans off his back as 2016 was not too far away in the future so fans might just be prepared shut up and put up for a couple of years if they thought he was on his way.

One thing is for sure, if we go down hell never well us until we are back in the prem as he would lose alot from his initial investment.

Was there ever any context behind his "not selling until at least the end of the 2015/2016 season" comment? Seems like an odd thing to say if there's no intention at all to sell.

Its a way to pacify fans, there's absolutely no reason for him to sell now or in a years time as things stand.

I always thought that they came up with that year just to get the fans off his back as 2016 was not too far away in the future so fans might just be prepared shut up and put up for a couple of years if they thought he was on his way.

One thing is for sure, if we go down hell never well us until we are back in the prem as he would lose alot from his initial investment.

£30+m in the bank. £18m profit. £30m parachute payments and a one season relegation will not make such a difference.

We need to stay down 3 or 4 seasons to rid the Club of its owner.

He won't sell if he doesn't want to - he is too stubborn as we know and is so loaded he can wait for years if we stay up or go down. More likely to be forced out by protests than relegation imo.

I voted no but the more I think about it I'm starting to be swayed more to hoping we go down. I haven't renewed my season ticket so regardless of the league we're in I won't be watching anyway so it's really a choice of another season of trying to finish 17th in the PL and Ashley raking in more £millions or the Championship where I haven't got a clue how we'd get on but I do know Ashley wouldn't be making any money out of the club.

I think I'd also take a degree of satisfaction watching the mugs that point blank refuse to stop going sitting through Rotherham at home on a Wednesday night in January.

I don't believe that. If he believe that the present value of selling is significantly higher than not, even though it is nowhere close to the initial investment, he will sell up. He is a business man, after all.

I could barely give a shit about what happens at the weekend.

If the club don't care and the players don't care, why should I care? Let them get on with the mess they've made, either get out of it or don't, it's frankly none of my concern.

I'll watch from afar on a Sky feed I've not paid for with dispassionate interest, because to be fair I am interested in what happens - how can I not be? - But I'm not investing a single shred of emotion, effort, passion or money into what happens because they've got precisely no intention of giving anything in that regard back to me.

Relationships need to be 2-way. This one hasn't been for years and anyone who continues to hope for improvement has the worst case of battered wife syndrome imagineable.

Hope we stay up only because it could be possible he will buy some players to keep us in the league next year and they turn out to be good players and we do ok. Will only be for 1 season as they will be sold the following year but we can dream

Mentioned it before but Newcastle in the PL is giving me absolute zero atm. Getting nothing from supporting us the way things are and 'more of the same' doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Going down could provoke a bit of interest and feeling back I suppose. If we stay up then it'll be another year without any emotion being invested in the club. Honestly, genuinely couldn't give the first fuck what happens on Sunday, I'll keep my emotion for things that actually matter, certainly not these cunts.

My gut reaction is that I don't want the club relegated.

I get all the arguments in favour of going down, but can't convince myself to want relegation... Not sure how much of that is logical thought or just emotionally clouded judgment. There are pros and cons to both.

Luckily, we can't count on these cunts for anything, so on Sunday what will be will simply be.

Heart says no.... but head says it could be the only deciding factor left in Ashley deciding he's had enough.

2009 it hurt going down but this time, its almost the like its inevitable after the last few seasons.

i cant help feeling now that i just dont care

i would enjoy the championship just as much a i currently despise the premier league

You won't be saying that when the blob concedes the 4th at MK Dons in November.

Aye it makes no sense to say its more likely he will sell after relegation when theres no offers now never mind when we lose about 75% of our income and are left with bare bones. Why would the £250m offers flood in then?

There are no offers now because the PL Gravy Train inflates the value effectively the purchase price will take into account future revenues. After a few years in lower leagues the value of the club will be far below £250m and it is likely to represent a good investment opportunity. For the life of me, unless the football bubble bursts I can see no reason for Mike Ashley to sell a Premier League Club. I can also see little reason to buy it.

This is where i'm at. If he makes money he'll only sell at a Premium.

An under-performing club looks a good investment imo and he'll be more likely to sell.

Look at Southampton, Hull, Cardiff & Leicester. All had relatively new buyers in the last decade or so - looking to invest and bring them up into the PL gravy train.

If I was in Ashley's position, it just wouldn't make sense to try and sell following relegation. You don't sell when your stock is at it's lowest.

He doesn't know how to run a football club. IN teh Championship after a few season he'll either have to invest or sell. He may invest to then sell in the PL. But he wn't be able to sell off loads of players like last time and have a decent team at the end so things will be different this time.

Mentioned it before but Newcastle in the PL is giving me absolute zero atm. Getting nothing from supporting us the way things are and 'more of the same' doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Going down could provoke a bit of interest and feeling back I suppose. If we stay up then it'll be another year without any emotion being invested in the club. Honestly, genuinely couldn't give the first f*** what happens on Sunday, I'll keep my emotion for things that actually matter, certainly not these c***s.

:thup: This.

As long as Ashley is still the owner of the club nothing will change and that means that there's nothing about the club that will keep me interested in it.

I do think Charnley, Carver and maybe even Coloccini are all goners in the summer.

I have little hope we have a plan in place with relegation especially if first off we have to replace those three to proceed with any plan.

We lucked out last time because we had Hughton and Nolan because we really didn't have a plan.

If we get relegated, I'd expect competent players sold, the useless or gutless ones left, Barry Leach as chief exec and Dave Watson as manager. Horrible stuff.

The hope is we stay up, Ashley realsies after one relegation and two near misses he's incapable of keeping the team in the league and needs to sell while we're a premier league outfit.  However, that relies on Ashley both realising and admitting he's fucked up and isn't good enough.  So, unlikely.

I do think Charnley, Carver and maybe even Coloccini are all goners in the summer.

I have little hope we have a plan in place with relegation especially if first off we have to replace those three to proceed with any plan.

We lucked out last time because we had Hughton and Nolan because we really didn't have a plan.

If we get relegated, I'd expect competent players sold, the useless or gutless ones left, Barry Leach as chief exec and Dave Watson as manager. Horrible stuff.

Hopefully he'll get the message after a while that employing these cheap leeches time and again don't work at a football club, wise up and then figure out that his business model doesn't work here. Reckon it would take relegation and our prospective doom to see that though...if he gives a fuck in the first place and the whole exercise is to piss us off.

Kind of accepted we are gonna go, and tbh may be more interesting than the current shit.

The worry is they keep Raylor, Williamson, Jonas etc when I would be hoping we would bring in Armstrong, Kemen etc