Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Already, scores of Newcastle fans have been receptive to the prospect of Vieira being the next head coach.

Senior players at Man City are thought to have already gave the idea the thumbs up and Vieira’s global appeal in football speaks for itself.

Newcastle’s large French contingent at St James’ Park would also be unlikely to be unhappy with the appointment.

:dowie:

Cant see him wanting to work with carver, he will have his own ideas on coaching staff.  Carver is a fist shaking nostalgic dreamer who has no man management skills.

Already, scores of Newcastle fans have been receptive to the prospect of Vieira being the next head coach.

Senior players at Man City are thought to have already gave the idea the thumbs up and Vieira’s global appeal in football speaks for itself.

Newcastle’s large French contingent at St James’ Park would also be unlikely to be unhappy with the appointment.

:dowie:

jesus

With the exception of Remy we dont even go back for anyone once they reject us. Ashley seems hold grudges it is highly unlikely he go back so McSChit.

We will hold talks with McClaren as well, according to Graves.

With the exception of Remy we dont even go back for anyone once they reject us. Ashley seems hold grudges it is highly unlikely he go back so McSChit.

Nonsense. The fact they went back for Remy suggests if it works for them (ie cheap enough)they will go back. They've tried twice already

"Newcastle is the perfect job for him. It's a job that comes without negative consequences. If you fail you've got the loophole that Mike Ashley hampered your progress. If you're successful it was done despite Ashley."

From Man City forum

Big risk but as we know Ashley likes a gamble

Sadly for every Kevin Keegan there is a Bryan Robson

Or a Carver. :lol:

Think he thought of former great players...

Carver was a former great player, no player could have done better than him.

This appointment is just the type of Ashley likes to gamble on, and they tend to pan out for him as well.

All in i cannot say i'm against this idea considering Viera. He cannot be worse than Carver can he ?

Can't believe some people could turn this into a negative story. He's unproven and would be a risk but Christ we could do with some excitement.

If it didn't work, I wouldn't blame the hierarchy for taking this sort of risk.

Take risk and excitement over mundane and average all day. Yes I realise those aren't the only two options.

I think I prefer the wild card option of Patrick Vieira to the safer on paper choice of Steve McLaren but it would be an odd choice for NUFC to take when there are quite a few managers out of contract at the moment with good records and plenty of management experience.