Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

"But both parties opted not to pursue a possible deal following differences over recruitment and transfer policy."

From the BBC, sorry if already posted.

No surprises eh.

Better not to make this appointment; it saves what would have been a messy end in a few months time when Vieira had finally realised his mistake and Ashley's lies.

It also suggests Ashley's idea of major player investment may fall short of most other people's expectations.

"But both parties opted not to pursue a possible deal following differences over recruitment and transfer policy."

No surprises eh.

Wew, didn't see that coming. :lol:

No surprises eh.

Not sure we even have a recruitment policy.

No surprises eh.

Not sure we even have a recruitment policy.

That was obviously one of the differences.

I've believed for years the model would prevent us from attracting top class managers, but now it even gets scoffed at by completely inexperienced manager hopefuls. :facepalm:

It's designed to attract exactly the kind of candidate Carver or McClaren are - desperate.

Hopefuls like Vieira know it's a way of destroying their managerial career before it even starts.

It's designed to attract exactly the kind of candidate Carver or McClaren - desperate.

Hopefuls like Vieira know it's a way of destroying their managerial career before it even starts.

Yep. Vieira will want his first job to be somewhere he can showcase his ability and whether we like it or not, be used as a stepping stone for a bigger club (a la Arsenal) one day. We'd have been like this for his career.

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2-Takeshis-Castle-Skipping-Stones-Fail-2.gif

I've believed for years the model would prevent us from attracting top class managers, but now it even gets scoffed at by completely inexperienced manager hopefuls. :facepalm:

It was kind of left field to go for Vieira in the first place. I can only think he must have a growing reputation inside the game and he thinks enough of his own abilities to believe he can get a good job down the line.

It was kind of left field to go for Vieira in the first place. I can only think he must have a growing reputation inside the game and he thinks enough of his own abilities to believe he can get a good job down the line.

Of course, but we are Newcastle United FFS. Wasn't long ago we used to compete at the top end of the table and now a youth coach with no managerial experience to speak off turns us down because he can't work under the constraints of Mike Ashley's model. Yet the fat cunt still thinks he knows best :lol:

I can only imagine that it feels like being in Bizarro World when dealing with NUFC. A little "Me am no sign striker" and you'll go far.

:lol: We just had Bizarro in charge, tbh.

I can only imagine that it feels like being in Bizarro World when dealing with NUFC. A little "Me am no sign striker" and you'll go far.

"just had" :yao:

"just had" :yao:

:lol: I don't know what came over me. Genuinely can't believe I said something so optimistic.

No surprises eh.

:lol: Thought they could lure a man like Vieira with the same crap Pardew bit their hands off for.

It will save a messy end in a few months once the transfer window had closed with Vieira, Carr and Charnley struggling to get any players over the line. The worst thing is people will have been feeling positive following that Mike Ashley interview about a big recruitment drive "punching above our weight for players". Instead its likely to be a few promising youth players coming in that are unexpectedly going to be required once some suspension/injury plagues the club after Christmas since we don't deal in January. McClaren is struggling with a drop in form so turns to John 'winning' Carver to inspire the troops with his experience.

Normally your gut instincts are a good measure of the outcome of something. If we appoint Carver its a total disaster, not worth considering. If we appoint McClaren its a bit of a meh, better than Carver appointment. If we had went for Vieira it does carry a risk, but the movement away from the blueprint or the usual tripe we are fed is something to at least show a change within this club.