England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Why did ITV keep training the camera on Southgate when they scored/missed? Is there a genuine chance he'll get the job full time? :lol:

I know several English white guys at work who could be next in line so I hope one of them get it instead.

Is it normal that English football fans are so 'meh' towards their national team nowadays? Can any of the forruns in here shed any light on it [emoji38]

Considering they never really do anything to make the fans proud of their efforts, I'd say it is very normal

Yeah, but when NUFC win i am happy about it. England win and i really am not that arsed, i cant explain why. Yes half the England team are not very likeable, but that has always been the case.

I'm the same as you Klaus.

I've never had the same excitement when England score as when NUFC score.

When I go to the pub and watch them in major tournaments, I tend to find myself forcing to get involved and enjoy it. No idea how I'd feel if we won something.

it's old bad defence making a keeper do a lot of saves and thus look good, see Tim Howard at world cup

So you don't think he's any good then?

He's been a promising youngster for years and he's got good distribution too. Except for one mistake v Southampton he's been really good for Sunderland. I think he'll be a really solid keeper. Plus Southgate probably knows him well

Made 5 top flight appearances and has a habit of hoying them in. Even if he played for us it'd be ridiculous.

Pulled out of the under 21 squad with injury too, some recovering skills he has.

Someone who didn't declare themselves injured 5 days ago would be a positive start. Nevermind his lack of experience.

Evident dearth of talent or not.

Yeah let's give John Ruddy or Rob Green a call back, they've got some experience.

Pickford has literally been called up for the experience of going, he's not going to start the game ffs.

The quotes coming out from some of the other players are cringeworthy as fuck like.

Henderson: 'He's our captain and our leader and is a fantastic player for both Man Utd and England.'

Stones: 'He is always up there and on form.'

NOT HE'S NOT!!!!! He's been bang average for a good while now and should be nowhere near the squad never mind near the team.

I wish this International week would just hurry up and finish. It's absolutely s****. It makes it even worse when the games we have stopped for is against Malta and Slovenia. Howwa man.

Yep it's so bloody boring

Hate these breaks

I wish this International week would just hurry up and finish. It's absolutely s****. It makes it even worse when the games we have stopped for is against Malta and Slovenia. Howwa man.

It's absolute garbage isn't it.

England captain Wayne Rooney says he is in a "difficult period" after he was dropped for Tuesday's World Cup qualifier against Slovenia.

Interim manager Gareth Southgate said the decision was tactical and not a reflection of the forward's form.

Tottenham's Eric Dier will replace Rooney in midfield against Slovenia.

Southgate added: "We have looked at the way Slovenia play and I knew in my mind the profile of the midfield I wanted to play in this game. In no way is it a reflection of Wayne's performance on Saturday.

:lol:

Isn't that worse?

Amen to that.

:thup:

To think there was a time where many of us looked forward to them.