England

Yorkie

:lol: Knob.

I'm surprised ITV repeated the whole thing, mind you. Sticking your middle finger up is daft because it'll probably get you in bother (suspension-wise)... and if you're televised in front of the nation then you risk influencing kids, who then do it on the playground or whatever. But if the latter is really an issue, ITV lingering on the close-up replay is hardly gonna help.

Of course it isn't, but ITV only care about their viewers. They don't give a fuck if society is full of rapists and murderers as long as their fervent patriotism means they open themselves up to the advertiser.

Pattern of underwhelming effectiveness of England against mediocre sides continues despite the positive result. 20 odd shots to find the net twice but opposition only needing a quarter of that to score against us. Just underlines that we aren't deadly enough with the ball and we are frail without it. For all this £30m-£50m spent recently on English full backs and wingers etc. we are very poor at sticking the ball in the box when it matters.

Dele Ali really is an odious cretin, i actually despise him.

He's the best player in the England team. He is a massive WUM on the pitch, but hey it's to club and country advantage.

He's definitely odious, hardly a cretin though. It's not like he's going round elbowing people or stamping on them each week.

Think you're being very generous. Aside from Alli and Rashford there isn't much quality or threat in the side. Slovakia actually played some very nice tidy stuff and passed their way out of the press very well. There seemed to be a plan as far as England were concerned to get the ball into the final third and then just run at Slovakia in hope, no great structure to it, just enthusiasm.

I don't get this crap that we are shit. This generation of England players, including those coming up through the junior levels are as talented as we've had in decades. There is strength in depth. The problem we will have though is the fact that we are managed by Gareth bloody Southgate, we aren't going to do anything other than easily qualify for finals and be out by the 1/4 finals until we have someone dare I say it of Rafa's quality in that role.

You have some good players, but too many of your players lack composure. It's one thing having pace and quick feet but if you lack that final touch and footballing intelligence it wont do you much. There's also a lack of top top quality in central midfield, like a real playmaker (to name one position)

Too many players thinking they are the big deal, while in fact they simply aren't that good.

He's the best player in the England team. He is a massive WUM on the pitch, but hey it's to club and country advantage.

He's definitely odious, hardly a cretin though. It's not like he's going round elbowing people or stamping on them each week.

His record's hardly squeaky clean like.

I think most people love him as a player but he's certainly acted like a bell end throughout his career.

Your midfield had no guile whatsoever against Slovakia, just good ole fret. Looking at the roster, there's not many options in there that could bring that. England really needs Wilshere to remove his head from his arse end.

Agreed. Absolutely nothing at central midfield, AOC needs to be further down the pecking order. Lallana is a must and I would have Sterling ahead of AOC all day.

The midfield doesn't protect teh defence as much as it should considering there's a lack of guile between them

I think most people love him as a player but he's certainly acted like a bell end throughout his career.

1 red card in 200 games? Seems it to me.

Doesn't mean he's not done them. He's always been a niggly little shit.

Doesn't mean he's not done them. He's always been a niggly little shit.

The point I'm making it doesn't mean he's a cretin. He's a WUM and it's working for him as he's still on the pitch and others are getting drawn in to his mind games, some sent off cause of it. We've been victims to other nations having players being little shits to us for years and biting (See Beckham vs Argentina, Rooney vs Portugal etc.), it's about time we had a little shit of our own doing it back.

• 2 weeks later...