England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Henderson is really developing well in that holding role that Klopp has had him in for Liverpool, and which he is now featuring in for England here. Was never convinced by him as an out and out box to box midfielder.

England have ran down a few blind alleys today. We lack a genuine creative midfield player who is able to unlock defensive units.

I think I'd rather see Jonjo Shelvey in than Wayne Rooney.  Much superior midfield player.

Worrying how much thew team relies on good crosses coming in from Kyle Walker.

That should not be relied upon as a reliable source of creating chances.

Strange game. Some really good plaay. but ultimately not enough of it overall.

We only managed to score two against a team whose right back works full time as an airport check out clerk, and a left back who works in a cafe, and a team that conceded 5 against Scotland. :lol:

That was fucking rubbish. Holding onto the ball in the last five minutes like it was a fucking WC Final :lol:.

No doubt some mugs like Ian Wright will be calling for Donkey Features to retain the job long term on the back of beating a bunch of paperboys and barmen.

Fucking bag of shite.

I used to love being English and supporting England, Euro '96 was awesome, but now, this is nothing to be proud of. England need a Rafa, someone to rebuild the national side, to make the difficult decisions and play to our form players strengths, not shoehorn 10 "names" into a dysfunctional team.

That was awful to watch, but I can't remember an England game I actually enjoyed. I'm so disillusioned by the national team, I'm just eager to watch NUFC play again.