England

Yorkie

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

And if Dan Burn is out on the basis of age, what the hell has Fikayo Tomori gotta do to get a call up?

Out on basis of age? What- where’s this from? Maguire, Coady, Mings are all 29, currently the same as Burn. 

Think Targett's more unlucky to miss out than Burn. At least a centre back there are actually options, but we've only got a bang out of form Luke Shaw in there for left back :lol: 

I don't think I've ever been as disinterested in international football as I am just now, I'm a two faced bastard though cos I'll be all in come the world Cup, I've even got a special glass for it.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, PeepShow4life said:

We will never win anything with Southgate in charge. We might have had a chance had they employed Howe instead.

We got to two tournament semifinals and were spot-kicks away from winning one… that’s having a chance surely under Southgate?

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, Ben said:

I don't think I've ever been as disinterested in international football as I am just now, I'm a two faced bastard though cos I'll be all in come the world Cup, I've even got a special glass for it.

International football, especially England, has been my god send the last few years having switched off from NUFC due to Ashley and Bruce, and under Southgate and with these players, I’m loving England again, even friendlies.

Love the talent in this England squad now; we’ve been crying out for technically gifted players for a while and I feel like we have that now.

In saying that, I believe our recent success may (in some ways) be in spite of Southgate. Seemingly a very good man-manager, but I really don’t see him having the tactical nous to outfox the truly elite managers in world football. For that reason, despite the cornucopia of talented youngsters at our disposal, I don’t think we’ll ever truly achieve greatness with Gareth at the helm.