Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Guest Roger Kint

How long before Ronald becomes the favourite of the rtg masses for their manager next season?

I don't agree with them, just placed link for the forum up and picked a couple of quotes and placed a link for anyone interested. For all I know we could have got a bargain or bought a flop. Never heard of him before we signed.

Of course they think we paid over the odds, they're a Dutch side and have little money coming in by comparison.

I actually don't get how that argument works, he's an asset and had a set guide price whoever and wherever the buyer is coming from?

Surely if your selling, wether you skint or flush your asset doesn't gain or loose value when it has nothing to do with your commercial revenue?

The value you put on a asset can be based on many things and how much cash you rake in or typically spend yourself is often one of them.  I mean what we spent on Wijnaldum would be a record transfer fee if PSV, or any other Dutch club, paid it.  Anyway its not just about Wijnaldum, they were saying we generally over pay if I remember correctly.

There's no denying those RdB comments are a bit far fetched and uncalled for, but tbf to him he has not suggested that we think we are going to win the league now we have Wijnaldum. He said he thinks the fan reaction to Wijnaldum's signing has been over the top for the calibre of player that he is (i.e. not the calibre that can transform a mid table team into title contenders) and that it might mean that Georginho might find it difficult to live up to the high expectations. I can only assume he has been on Twitter to gauge the opinion about this transfer and has come across some over the top fan reactions, which you could do for anything in the world, so isn't really something worth mentioning, but if you have a football column to write in the summer with little else to talk about than transfers I can see why he would say it.

I think his comments are fucking idiotic, he's being overly suggestive and if there is some lost in translation, so be it, and if he's been taken out of context, again fair enough but reading that shit - he's a Mike Williamson swing and a miss, man.  The title winning PSV captain who is a fellow countryman got a big move to a club and he's doing thing but being a strange bellend by commenting like that.