Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Guest Howaythetoon

He is best coming from deep certainly. His best work goals aside came when sat deep picking the ball up from defence and playing it out or running it out upfield linking up play etc.

though the game passed him by somewhat in the first half. and wasn't giving dummet much cover at all.

Disagree there mind, I thought when he got caught out of position it was through us giving the ball when he was high up the other end of the pitch. Other than that I bet he ran twice as much as anyone else bar Sissoko.

He's constantly trying to pick this team up every game, even if it doesn't come off for him.

Love his celebrations like.

He was anonymous the last few games like. Outstanding today and has great ability

Really like watching him play.  But he is a passenger at times.  I'm not sure if playing him wide left is going to be best for him and the team in the long run?  He ghosts into some good positions higher up the pitch, from out wide.  But I like what I see when he gets on the ball a bit more centrally.

Such a classy player in more ways than one.  Goes nuts when he scores and he seems like a decent bloke.  Love him. 

He actually plays very central if you look his heat map. It's almost a no 10 position. Just drops left side to defend.  Sissoko plays a lot wider on the other side.

I certainly noticed him picking the ball up a lot more centrally against Liverpool.  Can't say I've looked at his heat map, though.

Not that we have many options.  But I think it would be good to see an actual wide man/wide forward type, playing out on the left.  With Gini more central.  Only really Perez or Thauvin fits the bill, which isn't ideal.