Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest alijmitchell

From what I saw (second half only) he was absolutely dominated by their defence and couldn't finish a mars bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't forget about the huge part he played in the goal, he does hold the ball up extremely well on occassion, but that miss was poor, he needs to take his chances, otherwise he will be playing somewhere else next season.

Can't forget about the huge part he played in the goal, he does hold the ball up extremely well on occassion, but that miss was poor, he needs to take his chances, otherwise he will be playing somewhere else next season.

He won't be at NUFC next season.

Thought up to that miss, he had done decently and got the assist for our goal. He held the ball up well and a few lay offs were decent too. The time where Hayden had a shot on goal, Mitrovic actually peeled off a defender to find space and could have had a better chance than Hayden's attempt.

Needs a goal. That miss blew whatever confidence he still had and it went downwards for him after the miss. Remembered when he missed a sitter in the League Cup win against Preston. Then he scored and it was better for him in that and the next game.

I didn't actually think the miss was THAT bad tbh. He certainly should score but he's turning, taking it first time on the half volley so it's not straightforward. He's had several worse this season... which isn't exactly a glowing defense of him I know. :lol:

Needs to go in the summer though, the only role he'll ever really be able to fulfil in Rafa's squad is to be the target man we throw on late when we're chasing a game and need to go two up top. Sell him for whatever we can get and bring in another mobile striker to battle with Gayle for the spot. Murphy will probably suffice for another year as the battering ram option.

Of course if Rafa goes then who the fuck knows.

I didn't think the miss was that bad either, it looked like he was trying to bury it in the corner and it went wide. I know some people say you should hit the target every time, but the keeper generally saves the ones straight at him. I just don't think there's enough about his game to succeed in England.

He dropped off in the second half (the Hayden change) but his involvement in the first half was key to a lot of our attacks. His hold up play was refreshing and although pace isn't on his side, he is important. Think of Shearer when he knew his legs had gone. Have a pacey forward playing alongside/infringement will only strengthen his contributions but that's not Rafa's system.

As for the lack of effort, there were two times in the first half when he contributed to an attack but then chased their winger back all the way back towards he SE corner due to a missing Ritchie. He also made some key defensive headers....but he didn't score so must be shit.

I didn't actually think the miss was THAT bad tbh. He certainly should score but he's turning, taking it first time on the half volley so it's not straightforward. He's had several worse this season... which isn't exactly a glowing defense of him I know. :lol:

Needs to go in the summer though, the only role he'll ever really be able to fulfil in Rafa's squad is to be the target man we throw on late when we're chasing a game and need to go two up top. Sell him for whatever we can get and bring in another mobile striker to battle with Gayle for the spot. Murphy will probably suffice for another year as the battering ram option.

Of course if Rafa goes then who the f*** knows.

This. It was pretty much the only chance he had and he snatched at it. A player very low on confidence and even less match minutes, and he knows he's under scrutiny since the penalty miss. Rafa has given him the chance to atone quickly, and he wasn't THAT bad tbf to him. On another day that chance would have been buried and we would be praising his overall performance.

Jury still out for me probably because I'm biased towards the potential player in him rather than what he actually is.

He dropped off in the second half (the Hayden change) but his involvement in the first half was key to a lot of our attacks. His hold up play was refreshing and although pace isn't on his side, he is important. Think of Shearer when he knew his legs had gone. Have a pacey forward playing alongside/infringement will only strengthen his contributions but that's not Rafa's system.

As for the lack of effort, there were two times in the first half when he contributed to an attack but then chased their winger back all the way back towards he SE corner due to a missing Ritchie. He also made some key defensive headers....but he didn't score so must be shit.

goals win games, im one of his fans believe me i want him to succeed, his hold up play is exceptional at times but fuck me man its not enough

I'm a fan of his but I thought he was awful yesterday. He looks about 3 stone overweight to me and looks like he was struggling to move, especially in the 2nd half.

Not sure what others think of him but the people around me yesterday in SJP weren't fans of him to say the least.

The difference in quality at the top level was emphasised for me watching West Ham's win yesterday. Carroll's goal was a really cool one on one finish, and he's better in every other aspect of his play as a target man. Obviously he is a perma crock which makes him useless for 50% of the season, but that's a homegrown lad who is in a different league to Mitro when he's actually fit.

The difference in quality at the top level was emphasised for me watching West Ham's win yesterday. Carroll's goal was a really cool one on one finish, and he's better in every other aspect of his play as a target man. Obviously he is a perma crock which makes him useless for 50% of the season, but that's a homegrown lad who is in a different league to Mitro when he's actually fit.

Couldn't agree more.

It was the first time I'd heard fans audibly get on his back on Saturday, plenty of moans when he refused to run a few yards to make a challenge or when he gave the ball away cheaply.

Every NUFC fan wants him to succeed (why wouldn't they?). The fact is he is an absolutely awful finisher. For all those who defend him with stats I'd like to see his goals per chances ratio.

Not denying that Mitrovic misses a quite a few chances, but I think people tend to overestimate the number of chances most strikers require to actually score.

I think his physical similarities to Carroll are part of the reason why people like him and want him to do well.  With the exception of Ben Arfa, Carroll in his purple patch of form was the player of ours i have most enjoyed watching for years.  It was my hope that Mitrovic could come in and do the same, but unfortunatley he cant finish and isn't even that dominant in the air.

Guest alijmitchell

I think part of the issue with him playing that I'm not keen on is the potential psychological/confidence effect on the rest of the team. Currently he's needing a good few clear cut chances to score, when he misses, it could drain confidence, and really puts pressure on others. We really need him to step up soon, otherwise we should look to ship him ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His hold up play in the first half was good, and he done really well for the goal.

Still people saying he was awful. He missed a chance where he spun quickly and shot, doesnt matter.

We won 1-0 and he set up the goal.

I agree with you that he started ok and his holdup play was decent in the first 30 minutes.

The problem with him is that he is to slow, not a good finnisher nor has the work etich to compensate for his flaws.

He looked totally knackered before half time against Derby, and was strugling to keep up with the pace of the game. I dont think we have ever seen him in form nor with confidence, but will we ever? People say that he needs to be given a fair run of games, but whenever he is given he either gets injured or a red card.

He should be bossing this league, instead he looks below average. I do like Mitrovic because he is a Newcastle fan, but I just dont see a future for him in at our club nor the Premiership. I hope I am wrong..