Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I wonder if it’s like coady reads the game a lot better, and is sweeping up, cutting our danger, and duels is straight up aerial battles/players running at them 

It’s possible, stats don’t begin to tell the story tbh. 

Twitter is a cesspit.   I never understand footballers etc managing their own accounts.   They are just setting themselves up as a target.  Give it to a management company and get them to filter the worst and send you a selection etc if they really want to be seen on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

Twitter is a cesspit.   I never understand footballers etc managing their own accounts.   They are just setting themselves up as a target.  Give it to a management company and get them to filter the worst and send you a selection etc if they really want to be seen on Twitter.

The worst thing about twitter is the amount of users that state it's a cesspool. I don't mean your average man, like yourself [no offence if I assume wrong] But the number of "media" folk who use it to further their coverage, and then go on some podcast to whinge about how bad it is.

Edit:

Actually the worst thing about twitter is everybody's acceptance that you have to be on it to advertise your services.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Nowt worse then seeing ronaldos tweets man. 🤢

It was either Burr or Stanhope [maybe both have said similar] who pointed out tha once upon a time you'd have a thought in the shower and laugh to yourself. Now people put it on twitter. It's perfectly harmless until somebody else reads it, misinterprets it and has a paddy about it.

There's a piece in The Athletic about us conceding six pens this season. It includes this 'speaks for itself' comment:

Alarmingly, he is the only player in the entire Premier League to have conceded more than one penalty in 2021-22, and he has given away three.

:explode:

3 hours ago, Raconteur said:

There's a piece in The Athletic about us conceding six pens this season. It includes this 'speaks for itself' comment:

Alarmingly, he is the only player in the entire Premier League to have conceded more than one penalty in 2021-22, and he has given away three.

We've conceded 6 penalties so far this season, 1 more than in the entirety of last season.

14 hours ago, Raconteur said:

1 penalty conceded every 2.7 games as a team.  They were discussing it on Pod on the Tyne.

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

1 penalty conceded every 2.7 games as a team.  They were discussing it on Pod on the Tyne.

Add to that our utterly abysmal record of saving penalties (as far back as I can remember) and we're on a hiding to nothing.

Edited by Scoot

On 14/12/2021 at 01:00, St1pe said:

Oh.. 

Seems fitting that Harry Maguire is the median.

Also highlights how good Matip has been, though that could be a function of playing next to VVD.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

3 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

So that graph, does it mean Lascelles or Clark is the worst defender?

Maybe I’m interpreting wrongly but you could make a case they’re both as bad as each other. Lascelles wins slightly more duels, Clark is slightly more progressive. 

Both awful going off that data.