Karl Darlow (now playing for Leeds United)

Nobody

It's much easier for people to claim he missed on purpose if he skies it or blasts it wide, he hit it so soft and close to the keeper that even if Darlow moved to the right he'd have been able to re-adjust and save it.

I used to play in goal too and would make a decision before kicks are taken, but that is usually because it's hard to get across due to the pace that they are hit at. Darlow didn't need to do that because of how weak the penalty was.

I've just seen it again on MOTD and it'll never be certain either way, but he missed it and that is the important thing. Good old Kebabs.

I used to play in goal too and would make a decision before kicks are taken, but that is usually because it's hard to get across due to the pace that they are hit at. Darlow didn't need to do that because of how weak the penalty was.

Is he mind reader now? He didn't know before Cabaye kicked the ball how much power was going to be on it did he. He made an educated guess and got it spot on. Good save with his head!

Reading Norwich and Sunderland forums, people actually seem to the Cabaye missed on purpose [emoji38]

To be fair like, I'm half tempted to agree with them [emoji38]

Such an absolutely weak penalty, Darlow wouldn't have dived the other way because it was hit with so little power he had the opportunity to wait to see which direction the ball was heading.

After the penalty when he walked over to take a corner, there was a clear smirk on his face like. Whether that was related I don't know, but seemed odd after he just missed a penalty.

Darlow had made his mind up on which direction he was going before Cabaye struck it.

Agree with Figures here like,Cabaye is a football technician man.Hes smashed in free kicks from fuckin miles away,penalties are a doddle. Cabaye took that penalty half arsed.

Messi is the best player in the World and can't take penalties to save his life

Reading Norwich and Sunderland forums, people actually seem to the Cabaye missed on purpose [emoji38]

To be fair like, I'm half tempted to agree with them [emoji38]

Such an absolutely weak penalty, Darlow wouldn't have dived the other way because it was hit with so little power he had the opportunity to wait to see which direction the ball was heading.

After the penalty when he walked over to take a corner, there was a clear smirk on his face like. Whether that was related I don't know, but seemed odd after he just missed a penalty.

Darlow had made his mind up on which direction he was going before Cabaye struck it.

Agree with Figures here like,Cabaye is a football technician man.Hes smashed in free kicks from fuckin miles away,penalties are a doddle. Cabaye took that penalty half arsed.

Messi is the best player in the World and can't take penalties to save his life

Ronaldo misses a fair few too like.

It wasn't the greatest pen because it was too near the centre of the goal. Along with the keeper moving the right way, those are the most common reasons behind the missing of penalties.

But there was nothing half-arsed about Darlow's attitude. There was that aggressive decisiveness in his movements which gave him every chance. That's what Benitez has given to the side.

I'm certain he didn't miss on purpose.

This. It's bonkers. And sourcing where he placed his pen is evidence is laughable. Defoe hit the same spot with his pen in the Stoke game. Keeper went wrong way is all the difference.

http://s32.postimg.org/ruwfqqz8l/Cabaye_Pen.png

http://s32.postimg.org/5o2e717fp/Defoe_Pen.png

I'm sure I'm the same as the majority of football fans in that I dream of the glory of scoring the winning goal in an important match rather than the making of a match-winning save, but that penalty stop must have felt fucking amazing for Darlow yesterday. I celebrated it easily as much as the goal, if not more.

And I'm the crackpot for suggesting that perhaps the pentagon wasn't hit by a plane. ?

Cabaye is where he is in life because he'd two foot tackle his own mother to advance his career, the idea he gives a single solitary fuck about us is a joke.

Cabaye had no reason to miss the penalty. He couldn't care lass if we stay up or go down. In fact the stick he got just before the penalty probably made him more determined to score it.  He just made a complete hash of it and Darlow went the right way and it was an easy save. Thought Darlow was very composed yesterday and growing in confidence with every game.

Cabaye had no reason to miss the penalty. He couldn't care lass if we stay up or go down. In fact the stick he got just before the penalty probably made him more determined to score it.  He just made a complete hash of it and Darlow went the right way and it was an easy save. Thought Darlow was very composed yesterday and growing in confidence with every game.

Aaaand not much more really need be said.

I don't think it was a shot penalty to be honest, it wasn't great but a penalty hot like that will go in 9 times out of 10. I think people saying it was a shit penalty or he deliberately missed are taking away how it was a great save and that luck was on our side that Darlow guessed the right way.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbf to the guy thats the only mistake he's really made since he came into the side.

Apart from West Brom away?

I mean't since Elliott got injured, the last 5/6 games or so. He's not been great by any stretch but he hasn't been as shite as I was expecting him to be, he's looked nervy at times, but i don't think he did any worse then Elliott.