Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

I know it's a cliche but he just needs a good big no nonsense guy next to him. Hopefully Lascelles will be that guy.

Very good dealing with attacks on the deck and carrying the ball forward, still slightly concerned from last season about him dealing with crosses.

Did he play as badly as they made it sound on Radio Newcastle today?  Were suggesting he should be hauled off long before the OG.

dont know how he ended up scoring the own goal - straight forward clearance seemed to be easy enough as he had gotten in front of the attacker. the other big problem was him handing over possesion at least half a dozen times with poor forward passes. hopefully all just a blip.

Did he play as badly as they made it sound on Radio Newcastle today?  Were suggesting he should be hauled off long before the OG.

You can't really go by what those planks say. He did sound like he made a couple of gaffes though, which can happen. The question is whether it is a one off or is he going to be another Titus.

He was terrible today, but he wasn't the only one.

Lascelles was just as bad - shocking pass out for the first goal and then let the player run at him to get the cross in - whole defence was abysmal and how Rafa keeps playing Dummett especially bewilders me.

You can't really go by what those planks say. He did sound like he made a couple of gaffes though, which can happen. The question is whether it is a one off or is he going to be another Titus.

He has made a few mistakes for us before, hopefully he's bright enough to learn.

i hate it whrn he tries to play a pass forward.  shades of Bramble when his long balls ends up with the opposition

Another bafflingly bad post. Bramble was a very good passer of the ball, it was other stuff that let him down.

Bramble was actually a very good defender for 85 minutes, but in the other 5 mins he'd cost you a goal. This is my worry with Mbemba, he looks like a rolls royce player for a few games then he has games like this one where he looks like he's stoned and having a whitey.

Can't believe he's being compared to Titus. :lol:

Really, you can't believe it? Titus could lock out the best forwards in the CL then in the next game produce a howler against some team struggling against relegation. The comparison isn't that ludicrous surely?

Titus was stronger, faster and much better in the air, and could pass out from the back with both feet. He should have been a great player but his concentration consistently let him down. Mbemba is average and I don't think he'll ever be better than that.