Portland Timbers 4 - 3 Newcastle United (Game link in OP)

Nobody

We have zero squad depth, especially in defence.

Aye, people crying out for a winger next should be made to watch that. Probably 2 CB's and a versatile FB required plus the forced ejection of Williamson and Taylor.

Problem is you usually need two wingers. One possibly injury prone one isn't enough. Don't think anyone is crying out for a Winger before a CB tbf both are sorely needed plus the others you suggest.

Fuck me but we don't half have to sign a lot of players. Watching that dross apart from Janmatt, Perez and Aaron's, the squad we currently have is not fit for purpose, unless we are really going to try and get relegated this time.

I don't get why none of our players (bar Aarons :smitten:) seem to refuse to shoot when in position. Just endless faffing about passes outside the box.

Aarons, though. What a man. What a player.

We should trade them Gouffran for their pacy striker dude. And Satka for that Fae guy or whatever his name was.

Also, the refs :lol: When Ayoze gets openly knocked down, the assistant flags for a corner. Bad in itself since it was a pen, but the ref then overturning the corner decision for a freekick against Ayoze... :lol: :lol:

Btw, can anybody enlighten me as to why we (and other teams) travel half way across the world to play these friendlies? It's obviously not the level of competition, if we're just looking for a run out then why bother travelling all that way and not just playing teams in this country? To raise the profile of the club in different markets perhaps? To improve squad cohesion/morale?

Genuinely curious.

Btw, can anybody enlighten me as to why we (and other teams) travel half way across the world to play these friendlies? It's obviously not the level of competition, if we're just looking for a run out then why bother travelling all that way and not just playing teams in this country? To raise the profile of the club in different markets perhaps? To improve squad cohesion/morale?

Genuinely curious.

PR

USAUSAUSAUSA

:lol: Nah, but I mean, really? The Timbers B team dropped 4 on us? Holy shit.

we played a backline of bigi, satka, ferguson and aarons man, oh yeah and darlow in goals who appears to be playing the wrong sport, maybe he's a hockey keeper or something :lol: