Ivan Toney (now playing for Brentford)

joeyt

6 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

What do you mean multiple cases a month? Of Premier league - league one footballers?

Completely agree on Trippier. Like any of us telling a mate we've got a new job.

Check the fa website for E8 infringements. Littered with them. 

I wouldn’t say there are hundreds- since Trippiers case, there has been 40 E8 offences dealt with. The vast majority get a suspension if some sort (1-6 months) and a fine. Reading through some cases, it seems that the FA become aware due to the betting companies tipping them off about the individual player involved. Several players have bet similar amounts to Toney and got suspensions from a month to a few months. 

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

The Trippier thing is the bookies being pissed off because they’ve been rinsed. Fuck’em

Any betting on a football match by a manager/player is mental. Huge opportunity to influence even a yellow card could change the game 

Exactly. Bookies use insider knowledge to their favour all the time. Sky run fake transfer stories then offer odds on it ffs. 

5 hours ago, Dokko said:

Multiple cases a month, and last one which caught the headlines is 3 years ago. Point proven really. Unless match fixing or betting on his own team is involved, it won't be a ban.

Do think trippier was hard down by. He should be able to tell people he is moving, and betting companies shouldn't run bets on next club. Imagine not being able to tell your family your about to move countries and the 1st they here of it is on sky sports news, just to pacify gambling companies?

I think he'll get a ban regardless if he's gambled. Like a big fine and a 3 match ban. If he's gambled on games he's been involved in, his ban will be at least a year - probably several.

And he'll need to move abroad.

Edited by The College Dropout

5 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

I get the "insider dealing" aspect of that particular type of bet but it's canny ridiculous in reality. 

I mean you can't NOT tell your family, friends, window cleaner, school, Royal Mail, neighbours, marching powder dealer etc etc that you're moving. Surely 🤔

Tripps also told them to put money on it.

For the Trippier one, I think there was negligible money involved anyway, according to reports at the time one of biggest bets was one of his friends who had 300 on at 4/11 so little over 100 profit, bookies will only lay small bets in these markets for obvious reasons.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think he'll get a ban regardless if he's gambled. Like a big fine and a 3 match ban. If he's gambled on games he's been involved in, his ban will be at least a year - probably several.

And he'll need to move abroad.

Need to move if he gets a big ban? If he’s banned by the FA, that ban will then be extended worldwide, won’t it? Like Trippiers was? 

• 1 month later...

I think he’ll get off lighter than someone else might as he’s a good, young English striker. 

So fucking stupid though, he’s had a few social media moments where you think he comes across as a [nope] but I didn’t think he was THIS dumb :lol:

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

I think he’ll get off lighter than someone else might as he’s a good, young English striker. 

So fucking stupid though, he’s had a few social media moments where you think he comes across as a mong but I didn’t think he was THIS dumb :lol:

He’ll be 27 when the season finishes, not some 18 year old who doesn’t know better and needs educating. Certainly going to be some period of suspension coming up (if found guilty), but I guess it also depends on how fast his hearing is as to when that suspension takes effect and how much it alters Brentford’s season.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

A lot might depend on whether he's bet on his own games. I'm sure he hasn't been that stupid, I'm going with a lenient 3 month ban.

Aye if he hasn't. 1-6 months. If he has then it will be 18 months or more. That's what Barton got.

Barton has been involved with so much shit man. Terrible human being.

18 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’ll be 27 when the season finishes, not some 18 year old who doesn’t know better and needs educating. Certainly going to be some period of suspension coming up (if found guilty), but I guess it also depends on how fast his hearing is as to when that suspension takes effect and how much it alters Brentford’s season.

Yeah I’m not trying to say he’s Bellingham or whoever else, but he’s also not Joey Barton either. I think his current circumstances will count in his favour is all I’m saying.

I think he’ll get a ban most likely but Id be surprised if it was into double figures.

Edited by Nine

53 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

A lot might depend on whether he's bet on his own games. I'm sure he hasn't been that stupid, I'm going with a lenient 3 month ban.

Just for context again. Joey Barton got an 18-month suspension for 35 breaches. Essentially the new breaches Toney has been hit with today. The FA were quoted at the time saying this was the “shortest possible” it could consider.

Toney now has almost 5 times as many breaches as Barton. What's that, a potential 7 and half year ban under the FA's previously quoted most lenient punishment?

He is finished.

31 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Im sure this has been said before but unless he’s betting on games he’s playing in I think the rule is bizarre given so many clubs are sponsored by betting companies. 

Yep. I had a few mates that played at step 4 or whatever it was. One below Conference North/South. Even they weren’t allowed to bet on any football :lol: 

It’s fucking mental.

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Just for context again. Joey Barton got an 18-month suspension for 35 breaches. Essentially the new breaches Toney has been hit with today. The FA were quoted at the time saying this was the “shortest possible” it could consider.

Toney now has almost 5 times as many breaches as Barton. What's that, a potential 7 and half year ban under the FA's previously quoted most lenient punishment?

He is finished.

And for context the other way, most FA bans for betting (there are hundreds) are usually about 6 months. These include individuals who’ve bet 200+ times as per Toney.

“6 September 2022

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT IN RELATION TO BETTING
Kenny Amor, Chairman & Director, Eastleigh FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 - Misconduct under FA Rule E1(b) in respect of 13,919 bets placed on football between 16 March 2015 to 23 February 2022.

The Participant has until 7 July 2022 to provide a response. 

Result 
40 Month Suspension from All Football and Football Related Activity 
£500 Fine”

28 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And for context the other way, most FA bans for betting (there are hundreds) are usually about 6 months. These include individuals who’ve bet 200+ times as per Toney.

“6 September 2022

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT IN RELATION TO BETTING
Kenny Amor, Chairman & Director, Eastleigh FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 - Misconduct under FA Rule E1(b) in respect of 13,919 bets placed on football between 16 March 2015 to 23 February 2022.

The Participant has until 7 July 2022 to provide a response. 

Result 
40 Month Suspension from All Football and Football Related Activity 
£500 Fine”

Where I'm unclear about is the difference between breaches and bets. It doesn't seem they are one in the same?

Barton had 35 breaches but placed over 1200 bets. 

Also are some breaches viewed differently to others?

He's a fucking idiot, that's for sure. As a slow developer who's taken a long time to grow into a PL level striker, to lose it all now that he's made it, over betting is ridiculous.

He's probably not finished, but at 26 he can hardly afford a few months off. It'll certainly make it hard for him to upgrade on Brentford. He's kinda put a Troy Deeney level ceiling on himself when he potentially could have had the top 7 sniffing around him.

What a waste.