--------------Sissoko---Wijnaldum------------

---Perez--------De Jong-----------Aarons

-------------------Mitrovic------------------

---------------------Krul------------------------

Janmaat-----Mbemba----Taylor-------Haidara

My team too :lol: fuck defensive / holding mids.

anita was consistent in every pass, never took a chance all game, if you looked at their centre of midfield they ran rings around him, he can pass in an average fashion but the team has to carry him on the defensive side. I am not convinced at all!

I thought Mbemba did well at right back. McClaren probably felt it would have been a bit unfair on him to pitch him in at CB, with no chance to develop any prior understanding with Taylor or Willo.

Wijnaldum was outstanding. Anita shows some decent touches, but I don't think he's up to the job of protecting the back four.

We looked much better with Wijnaldum as one of the 2 midfielders. He's mobile, energetic and good on the ball, can see him driving us forward from deep. Would like to see him start next to Anita.

---------------------Krul------------------------

Janmaat-----Mbemba----Taylor-------Haidara

Based on absolutely nothing besides those eleven players being our most talented - aye - that's what I'd want.

New lads look promising, but the old problem of gifting goals to the opposition is still apparent, and that is the lingering taste. You can only do so much with better organisation/can't polish a turd etc.

It's hard to judge the meaning of the game, but you'd normally expect more from a team that finished third in the Bundesliga. Maybe we are due some credit for that.

If Cisse stays, I'd like a CB, an LB, and a better backup keeper than Elliot. Haidara as LB leaves two new CBs too much to do.

Oh, well. Should've won that, but not too shabby overall. There's so much attacking potential there. Shame about the goal as we were solid at back for about 89 minutes.

Wat? :spit:

What? They hardly created anything of note.

The fact that they hardly created anything of note is no indication of whether we were solid at the back. Whenever they did decide to venture forward we looked anything but solid.

interested in what people think of anita there like - i'm a fan a was scanning the game but he was moving all over the place, looking for the ball and looking for passes when he got it

think he's a mclaren player like*

*that said if mclaren plays colback ahead of him then he can just die basically

He was our best player until he he went off, plus it's his actual position where as Colback can't play there effectively. CM should be he and Wijnaldum, front 4 can be anything from Sissoko,De Jong, Mitrovic, Perez and Aarons. Really not bothered what combination as long it's from those players.

Total farce.

Aye, we lost a pre-season game 0-1 against the 3rd best team in Germany. What a farce.

What about the rest of them? We still have no ideas in the final third, we're still defending like we don't know what football is, and we're still starting that useless gimptard, Williamson.

I don't read anything into pre-season games, personally.

I think we have signed 3 class players but have concerns about how McClaren views Mbemba. Most of the youtube highlights on him show him as a RB that loves to get fwd and assist in attacks and goals. If that's McClaren's thinking where does that leave Janmaat? He simply has to be tried at CB as going into a season with just our 3 old familiars seems suicidal.

That said, I have to say I noticed a change in Williamson's confidence. Doesn't make him a good player all of a sudden but it has to help.

We'll know more after Southampton. I think we're going to be quite disappointed with McClaren sometimes though.

I think we have signed 3 class players but have concerns about how McClaren views Mbemba. Most of the youtube highlights on him show him as a RB that loves to get fwd and assist in attacks and goals. If that's McClaren's thinking where does that leave Janmaat? He simply has to be tried at CB as going into a season with just our 3 old familiars seems suicidal.

That said, I have to say I noticed a change in Williamson's confidence. Doesn't make him a good player all of a sudden but it has to help.

We'll know more after Southampton. I think we're going to be quite disappointed with McClaren sometimes though.

We are not going to spend 8m on Janmaat's back up ffs :lol: he'll play CB as long as he's healthy don't worry.

He can't blame USA for this one, nor can he blame anybody being tired. Definitely think "Mbemba couldn't start as he has only had 24 hours" will be mentioned.

Pathetic selection even if it was 'only' a friendly. Pathetic pre-season in general from a selection point of view. £20 on Monchengladbach made it a bit better, though.

I thought Mbemba did well at right back. McClaren probably felt it would have been a bit unfair on him to pitch him in at CB, with no chance to develop any prior understanding with Taylor or Willo.

Yeah, they could do with having a bit of time in a preseason friendly match or something of that ilk.

Guest palnese

The lack of goals is a worry for me.  It's hard to turn it on, in terms of converting your chances.

Would be worried if we had failed to create anything, but we created more than enough to win the game.