Newcastle United 2 - 2 Southampton - 09/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 46

Dave

Goal machine.

Again proving we need him here until he loses it, not before.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

:lol:

Stop being so biased, man.

What? Where do you think Mitrovic would have been if not in and around the six yard box? I'm glad we scored, but Cisse was quite poor that first half and ended up getting a goal out of nothing.

Don't know about Mitrovic, but your old pal Luke De Jong would have been watching from the centre circle. Stop griping man, Cisse is paid to score goals, and in this team it's just as well.

Goal machine.

As if Mitrovic would have missed that. Nothng special about that goal except tons of luck that the ball simply looped over the goalkeeper due to the deflection.

Anyway, HT: decent start of the campaign.

Would he have made that run though? Its not luck when you react quicker than everyone else

There was no run. He just reacted to seeing the ball deflected to get on its new trajectory. I literally think everyone on this forum would have probably done the same in that situation. :lol:

Haidara worried me throughout pre season and he continues to terrify me. So casual and sloppy. Seems very goofy. Can't wait for Dummett to return at left back, and I don't particularly rate him highly there.

Need a new LB. Need to BUY a new LB.

Pretty good on the whole. Positive going forward and 60% possession against a team not on its holidays for the first time in ages.

We conceded the second most goals in the league last year and needless to say it still shows. Still lots of work to do, but three weeks in the window to get someone else in.

They've got a makeshift/depleted-by-transfers/new-boy back four and keeper out and that shows too. Miskicks galore and a handball. It looks worth going for the win, esp. if they played away in Europe on Thursday. Obertan off and Ayoze or Aarons on for starters.

Cisse shouldn't be getting involved in the buildup honestly, just hampers it I agree but he also as he showed with the goal still does know where to be to get the goals. Bring on Mitrovic sure but I don't blame Cisse too much for being bad dropping deep, that's not his game never was. However I do blame him for the pathetic dive, needs to cut that out.

Goal machine.

What? Where do you think Mitrovic would have been if not in and around the six yard box? I'm glad we scored, but Cisse was quite poor that first half and ended up getting a goal out of nothing.

If you think its luck you're just biased. How come nobody else on the entire pitch made that run?

Goal machine.

Would he have made that run though? Its not luck when you react quicker than everyone else

There was no run. He just reacted to seeing the ball deflected to get on its new trajectory. I literally think everyone on this forum would have probably done the same in that situation. :lol:

Their defenders and goalkeeper didn't. :dontknow:

Anita,  Haidara and Obertan were awfull this half, fair play for Haidara for the cross though. good thing we've got good players on the bench to replace them

i'm a fan but he's been s***, that said colback offers f***ing nothing either mind, just farts about looking like something without doing anything

the sooner mclaren realises he can't play them both the better

Hes been pressurising them in midfield like nuts, you not noticed they've really struggled to play it through the middle? He's also dropping back between the defence as a ball player & keeping us possession. The midfield's been fine imo

anita?  ok let's say he's been shite on the ball then, as usual the rest of his game is decent but he's made some fucking poor passes with the ball at his feet today in dangerous positions (and a good pass or two as well)

I wish anyone but Cisse had scored. Why? Because I'd like to strangle the haphazard clown.

God he annoys me ... Messes up so much decent play with his sloppy untidiness. Can't bear the man.

But thanks for the goal anyway. Idiot.

Our attacking play is clearly a work in progress in terms of fluidity but at the very least we're now getting bodies breaking into the box to support Cisse. It's a basic but really significant change - honestly makes you wonder what Pardew and Carver were preaching before.

Goal machine.

How come nobody else reacted to it then?

Santon was miles better than Haidara IMO. But I do have time for the latter, think he can be a good player long term.

Yeah, I wouldn't crucify Haidara on the back of one game. He needs to improve, but he's shown he's got the ability previously, just needs to show he's got the temperament to do it at this level.

Goal machine.

You got to give Cisse credit, even if this was just luck he does this far too many times man. He's not a great footballer, but with the right service he scores goals and that is needed from a striker. Just hope Mitrovic does the same as well as help in the general play, something Cisse doesn't really do.

Our attacking play is clearly a work in progress in terms of fluidity but at the very least we're now getting bodies breaking into the box to support Cisse. It's a basic but really significant change - honestly makes you wonder what Pardew and Carver were preaching before.

This.

We're seeing one or two extra bodies getting into the box for attacks now whereas last season the box was literally empty for the cross, almost every single time.

Goal machine.

How come nobody else reacted to it then?

he was in a good starting position for where the ball deflected to, that's about it :lol: