Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

That's four times Cisse has given the ball away.

Totally pointless him even being on the pitch at the moment; we're getting nothing to him, and when he drops back he's got nowhere to go

I was going to say the same, but it's actually a bit of a catch 22 to an extent. If you're not going to get many chances to your striker then you'll want one that's clinical when the chance comes along, and Cisse is that.

We might create a few if we can play off Mitrovic?

Totally pointless him even being on the pitch at the moment; we're getting nothing to him, and when he drops back he's got nowhere to go

I was going to say the same, but it's actually a bit of a catch 22 to an extent. If you're not going to get many chances to your striker then you'll want one that's clinical when the chance comes along, and Cisse is that.

We might create a few if we can play off Mitrovic?

I agree and I'd prefer Mitrovic in these circumstances, but there is an argument for fielding your most clinical striker in this situation even if he offers little else.

We all knew we are a work in progress, but there doesn't seem to be much about us today. :( I would get Mitrovic on at half-time and at least he might be able to hold the ball up.

Swansea have to be given some respect, they are pretty established in terms of players and system. They gave Chelsea problems last week and got their reward for it.

I'd like us to look to control the game a bit more. Ideally Mitrović on, but not sure I'd want to take Cisse off.

But you may create more chances with a striker that can help in the build ip