Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Arsenal's Olivier Giroud reveals secret behind amazing goalscoring run against Newcastle

The France international has already netted eight times against the Magpies.

Arsenal travel to St James' Park for the lunchtime kick off on Saturday (12:45pm).

And Giroud admits he loves playing against Steve McClaren's side.

"You want obviously to continue the good momentum,” Giroud told the club's official website.

“For me it will be a bit special, but the main thing is to return to London with the three points.

I am not going to say [why I do well against Newcastle] because then there are no more secrets - I need to keep them for me!

"It is maybe luck or I don’t know, but I really want to keep scoring against them and help the team win the three points.

“It doesn’t matter who scores, but if it is me I will be really happy because it is always nice for a striker to score."

top journalism

That is truly shocking  :lol:

Arsenal's Olivier Giroud reveals secret behind amazing goalscoring run against Newcastle

The France international has already netted eight times against the Magpies.

Arsenal travel to St James' Park for the lunchtime kick off on Saturday (12:45pm).

And Giroud admits he loves playing against Steve McClaren's side.

"You want obviously to continue the good momentum,” Giroud told the club's official website.

“For me it will be a bit special, but the main thing is to return to London with the three points.

I am not going to say [why I do well against Newcastle] because then there are no more secrets - I need to keep them for me!

"It is maybe luck or I don’t know, but I really want to keep scoring against them and help the team win the three points.

“It doesn’t matter who scores, but if it is me I will be really happy because it is always nice for a striker to score."

top journalism

That is truly shocking  :lol:

Journalists don't always write their own headlines tbf.

Also I used to know a lad that wrote for NME and they'd often change his album rating, so you'd read this rave review calling it the best record of the year and the rating is like 7 out of 10. :lol: Real life "Citizen Kane.  Best film I've ever seen.  6/10".

Ayoze has to be on the left and Thauvin has to be on the right. If sissoko is fit, one of Colback or Anita (hopefully colback) has to be dropped so Gini can drop deeper and allow Sissoko through the middle, simple.

Ayoze has to be on the left and Thauvin has to be on the right. If sissoko is fit, one of Colback or Anita (hopefully colback) has to be dropped so Gini can drop deeper and allow Sissoko through the middle, simple.

Don't think we'll see that tomorrow, but hopefully that is the plan going forward

I'd be very happy with that, but I doubt it'll happen. Especially given the opposition. Perhaps if we were against a lesser team we'd consider going a little more attacking with that CM partnership.

(technically I'd dump Sissoko for SDJ, but I'd be content with either)

I would be happy with Thauvin on the left and Sissoko right, assuming neither of Colback/Anita/Wijnaldum will be dropped or moved.

Sissoko, Thauvin, Wijnaldum are sure starters for me. Smart man would then put Anita in there too. Then you decide on Perez / Aarons as the next guy and you throw Colback off Level 7 and never speak of him again.

I'd be very happy with that, but I doubt it'll happen. Especially given the opposition. Perhaps if we were against a lesser team we'd consider going a little more attacking with that CM partnership.

(technically I'd dump Sissoko for SDJ, but I'd be content with either)

Why would you drop Sissoko for De Jong like?

Has McClaren talked to the press about this match?

You've probably seen this by now:

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2015-08-28/steve-mcclaren-we-dont-need-to-sell-we-dont-want-to-sell/?

I hadn't. Thanks for posting. Couldn't hear the questions very well, but with the telling 'Cheicky... to get ready' comment and ambivalence about Sissoko's readiness... anybody else think that may mean playing three defensive midfielders (probably with Wijnaldum left and Thauvin right), rather than the 'have a right go' type formations we've been advocating? Or maybe he was intimating that, whilst keeping cards close to chest?

"Momo Sissoko was injured last weekend but should return on the right - he’s excellent at driving forward on the counter-attack - while the left winger should be Gabriel Obertan, more of a classic, tricky winger who dribbles past full-backs. He’ll look to supply Newcastle’s centre forward with crosses: the fiery Alexander Mitrovic started at Manchester United, but regular goalscorer Papiss Cisse seems more likely to lead the line this Saturday.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20150827/scouting-report-newcastle-v-arsenal#qCtJdmi9tgC0R4dD.99"

From their website. certainly hope that they are stupid enough to believe thats the Sissoko we have and that Obertan and Cisse will start :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

also Anita-Tiote-Colback would be the worst midfield we've named in years

:lol: Short memory, it wouldn't even be the worst in the last few months - we had Ryan Taylor and Gouffran in there at the end of last season ffs.