mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 25/10/15 12:00 (Sky Sports 1)

Greg

We've got a stronger team than we've had the past few times at least

even last december where i actually thought we deserved to win we had Gouffran and Ameobi out wide

it's all about our front 4 now tbh, if they put it together like last week it won't even be a contest imo

This is probably the least nervous I've ever been for it derby, it's almost as if I'm that used to us getting turned over it doesn't even bother me as much.

I think we'll get at least a point today. Hopefully Perez and Mitrovic cause chaos.

On 25th October, in days of yorn. In the semi-breathable air of pre-industrial Wearside, before the first meeting of the neighbouring tribes,  long before the Meccano-like construction of the Palladium of s****, an inspiring conversation could be heard:

Wor Geordie:

"Oh that we now had here, But one ten thousand of those Tynesiders

Who can think of nothing else today!"

Billy Wagglepike:

"No, my bonny lad,  If we are mark'd to lose, To return home in shame; it is better we few carry the painful images.  If we are to WIN! The fewer to witness with their eyes, the greater share of honour.

God's will! I pray thee, wish not one fan more.  By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,Nor care I who doth share my Ham &Pease Pudding stottie.  It yearns me not if men steal my strides; Nor if Curly haired Gauchos covet wor lass;

Such outward things dwell not in my desires. But if it be a sin to covet honour, I am the most offending soul alive.

We that shall see this day and live to old age, Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, And say 'To-morrow is Saint Boniface's Day:' (kid you not...)

Then we will strip our sleeve and show a tattoo. And say 'These marks I had for Boniface's day. We'll remember with advantages. What feats we saw this day.

Then shall the names, Familiar in our mouths as household words,

Gini Wi-aye-man, a king amongst midfielders

Ayoze Perez,

Sissoko and Mbemba

Mitrovic of the slaughter,

Be in  flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And  the day, the last there before the unwashed were relegated to n'er return, will be remembered.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day who stands shoulder to shoulder in witness,

Whether on his sofa or on a pink plastic tatty seat

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in Newcastle  now a-Shopping

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks

That witnessed the slaughter with us.

We used to win these fixtures at a canter when we treat them like just another game against Charlton Athletic, for example. Letting the unwashed bring the 'most important day of the season' mentality all by themselves.

Thing is, we mostly had a genuinely good (and far superior) team back then.

We'd probably have lost to Charlton Athletic too.

Weird how many are feeling nervous. Thanks to messrs Ashley and Pardew it's them who've got the most to lose, after years and years of black and white domination. How embarrassing.

Disagree, if they win they make it the first time ever either team has won 6 in a row. We've got all to lose.