mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 25/10/15 12:00 (Sky Sports 1)

Greg

Nervous - palms of hands starting to get a bit sweaty. Arse will be twitching like a rabbits nose as KO approaches!

As Dave said I don't understand the nervousness. We've got very little if anything to lose.

As divorced from NUFC as I've ever been in my life, I still feel it in my bones - particularly on derby day. That said, if we get beat, I won't be as despondent as I was after the play-off defeat in 1990. To be there and witness that, was truly gutting.

As Dave said I don't understand the nervousness. We've got very little if anything to lose.

Having very little to lose isn't true if you live or work amongst them.

Had a feeling that was coming. As a non-Geordie I'm certainly not saying you shouldn't be nervous. Just pointing out how shit it is that we're effectively the underdogs these days, which is indicative of how poorly the club has been run and managed in recent years.

Twitter is a proper roar, grown men tweeting players like:

Howay Moussa, today is the day that heroes are made and all that man ‪#‎nufc‬

Here man, the daft cunt wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, he couldn't give a monkeys, why not think of that as you're sliding your knock off Stone Island jacket on which you think you look a proper Robert Dazzler in (you don't) with a view to punching someone just like you who through an accident of birth supports a team that has a stripe on its top one colour different.

Get a grip of your napper and while you're at it stop sharing 'does my poppy offend you' bullshit on social media, wobble your heed and grow up you absolutely massive daft cunt.

'Howay man Moussa', you realise he's Muslim don't you? The person you claim to hate 365 days a year because rat bastards spread propaganda and tell you to, 'Howay man Moussa' score a goal, i'll even pray to Mecca on a giant flaming rotating poppy, on the sly, when my mates aren't watching if you do, 'Howay man Moussa' without mortgaging out my happiness to a total stranger who doesn't care whether I live or die then I have nothing to take the edge off this shitty existence I'm stuck in, never to escape, never to realise that hating Muslims one week and then lionising them the next because they've put a sphere through a rectangle is absolutely and utterly off its very lips.

Howay man Moussa, favourite my tweet, notice me, do you like my coat?

Fuck. Off.

Do any of our American lads on here know which channels this will be on in America? I'm in Santa Barbara and would like to come back to the hotel drunk at 3am and watch this (providing I haven't somehow got lucky with the insanely hot women who populate this place).

NBCSportsNetwork would have it. They have sometimes switched a game to CNBC or MSNBC at the last minute, but don't be too hopeful.

edit: kickoff will be 5AM on the west coast won't it? Godspeed.

This will definitely be on NBCSN.

Weird how many are feeling nervous. Thanks to messrs Ashley and Pardew it's them who've got the most to lose, after years and years of black and white domination. How embarrassing.

Disagree, if they win they make it the first time ever either team has won 6 in a row. We've got all to lose.

Sarcasm, surely?

No nerves tbh, never do these days.

Nope, I expect fuck all and when we get biffed the mackems I work with tend to offer more sympathy than sarcasm.  I agree with Dave, being by now the massive underdogs takes away all the tension for me :)

Had a feeling that was coming. As a non-Geordie I'm certainly not saying you shouldn't be nervous. Just pointing out how s*** it is that we're effectively the underdogs these days, which is indicative of how poorly the club has been run and managed in recent years.

I don't think it's a non-Geordie thing, I've lived away from the area a few times and losing was always easier when I was away.

Weird how many are feeling nervous. Thanks to messrs Ashley and Pardew it's them who've got the most to lose, after years and years of black and white domination. How embarrassing.

Disagree, if they win they make it the first time ever either team has won 6 in a row. We've got all to lose.

Sarcasm, surely?

Unfortunately not :undecided: Plus we really need the points, and I want them to go down so we don't have to play them. Wish I didn't care, but I do.

It's all about who wants it more on the day. Fat Sam will have that lot pumped up and ready to chuck the kitchen sink at in our 6 yard box (long balls :( ) The worry is for me, the lack of passion we've shown in recent derbies. What if anything will have changed that? I guess we will see.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/24/sunderland-newcastle-united-derby-football-sam-allardyce-steve-mcclaren

has this ever been explicity spelt out before?

Yohan Cabaye, for instance, wanted to return to Newcastle this summer. Unfortunately the France midfielder was over 25 and did not fit the club’s policy of buying young players with a high potential re-sale value, so he ended up at Crystal Palace.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/24/sunderland-newcastle-united-derby-football-sam-allardyce-steve-mcclaren

has this ever been explicity spelt out before?

Yohan Cabaye, for instance, wanted to return to Newcastle this summer. Unfortunately the France midfielder was over 25 and did not fit the club’s policy of buying young players with a high potential re-sale value, so he ended up at Crystal Palace.

Yeah.

More anticipation than nervous, first time I get to see the derby in real time since we last won. We have the ability to smack these out the park, just hope we play the game and don't get bogged down by the occasion. Right now I'd take a draw and smash them at home, but hoping for the win. Bring it on!

It's all about who wants it more on the day. Fat Sam will have that lot pumped up and ready to chuck the kitchen sink at in our 6 yard box (long balls :( ) The worry is for me, the lack of passion we've shown in recent derbies. What if anything will have changed that? I guess we will see.

I think the time for passion has gone in football, it's not about 22 mackems/Geordies playing a derby and if we try to play that way we'll inevitably lose. Now is the time to play football and play it better than a side bottom of the league.