mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 25/10/15 12:00 (Sky Sports 1)

Greg

Pardew always spent most of the week working on "defense" (yeah I know right?) and would be drilling the players on how to nullify the opposition threats, it's one of the most tedious traits of his time here. I think McClaren will be more bothered about what we can do and how we should play and maybe just have a worry about keeping the crosses coming in down. As long as we concentrate on out game and not worry too much about theirs we have a good chance this time out.

The mentality is different this time.

Need to go all guns blazing from the off.

Spot on, when was the last time we did this  in a derby?  We've been far too slow and ponderous from the off for donkeys.  No coincidence that they have started better and have gone on to win the game.

Need to go all guns blazing from the off.

Spot on, when was the last time we did this  in a derby?  We've been far too slow and ponderous from the off for donkeys.  No coincidence that they have started better and have gone on to win the game.

That's part of the reason we've lost, especially at their place. We let them come onto us, their confidence rises, their fans have summit to shout about and the rest is history.

We need to get at their shit defence straight away rather than let them at our shit defence.

Pardew always spent most of the week working on "defense" (yeah I know right?) and would be drilling the players on how to nullify the opposition threats, it's one of the most tedious traits of his time here. I think McClaren will be more bothered about what we can do and how we should play and maybe just have a worry about keeping the crosses coming in down. As long as we concentrate on out game and not worry too much about theirs we have a good chance this time out.

To be fair, Saylor said on Sunday, from the Sky Sports Studio that McClaren has mainly concentrated on defence and defensive shape.

To be fair, Saylor said on Sunday, from the Sky Sports Studio that McClaren has mainly concentrated on defence and defensive shape.

I'm glad it's working out for them!

Guest alijmitchell

It goes without saying that we should focus on playing football, keeping possession rather than trying to fight a derby battle. We tried the latter previously and got found out by a team that tried to play the game. This was always our way of handling the Derby except the past 5 times we threw that attitude put the window

Better than relying alone on Remy, like not so long ago :lol:.

It was Papiss off the bench last year!

I can see Cattermole, Larsson, Fletcher, etc. being majorly on the wind up, so our players need to be thoroughly warned and keep their heads. I definitely wouldn't play Tiote because he's an easy target for any "stamp my authority on this" refereeing. Some calculated pre-match comments about how difficult it is for the officials in derbies and how we want to go out and play open football mightn't go a miss. A comment about their goalscorers always running into the crowd and never getting punished as about ten of them run on the pitch wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Better than relying alone on Remy, like not so long ago [emoji38].

It was Papiss off the bench last year!

I can see Cattermole, Larsson, Fletcher, etc. being majorly on the wind up, so our players need to be thoroughly warned and keep their heads. I definitely wouldn't play Tiote because he's an easy target for any "stamp my authority on this" refereeing. Some calculated pre-match comments about how difficult it is for the officials in derbies and how we want to go out and play open football mightn't go a miss. A comment about their goalscorers always running into the crowd and never getting punished as about ten of them run on the pitch wouldn't be a bad idea either.

If it's Tiote instead of Anita I'll be fucking shaking with rage tbh.

but it will be nice if nothing goes awry in the run up to this one

Other than being down to our third-string goalkeeper I suppose.

But what the fuck, I actually feel pretty good about this one. Time to stamp on their filthy mackem necks and heave ourselves out of the drop zone.

but it will be nice if nothing goes awry in the run up to this one

Other than being down to our third-string goalkeeper I suppose.

But what the fuck, I actually feel pretty good about this one. Time to stamp on their filthy mackem necks and heave ourselves out of the drop zone.

Same here, I'm worryingly optimistic. Everything depends on the start to me, if they push us back from the off we'll fold.

If we "turn up" i'm very confident of a win, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if we didn't. f***ing hope we do, finally!

This is the only thing that has me worried. Or if we do well and concede a goal and then just break down..

Imagine Mitrovic absolutely dicking them, obviously anyone scoring would be mint but Mitrovic, banging a couple in and winning us the game? Absolute scenes.

Do some mildly offensive celebration when he bags his hat trick, making the mackems hate him even more for all eternity :aww:

Some plank went to the Sunderland ticket office and bought some tickets in their end, then proceeded to tell everyone on the TF facey site that they had thousands of tickets left, which is fine, but then he posted some pics up with a pic of his ticket with number and row on  :lol: :lol: :fool: :doh: :tool: :facepalm:

http://i.imgur.com/Po2pJCN.png

Some plank went to the Sunderland ticket office and bought some tickets in their end, then proceeded to tell everyone on the TF facey site that they had thousands of tickets left, which is fine, but then he posted some pics up with a pic of his ticket with number and row on  :lol: :lol: :fool: :doh: :tool: :facepalm:

http://i.imgur.com/Po2pJCN.png

I know him! Ha ha! Oh dear!

Three years ago today from .com

2012 mackems (a)

1-1 (1-0)

Premier League

Cabaye(3)

og(Ba)(86)

Only an unlucky late own goal denied United the victory, despite playing with ten men for 65 minutes after Cheick Tiote was shown a straight red for a studs-up challenge.

A resolute display spearheaded by Fabricio Coloccini looked to have been enough to collect three points, but he'd been forced off through injury by the time a hopeful free kick into the box glanced off Demba Ba's chin and left Tim Krul helpess.