mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 25/10/15 12:00 (Sky Sports 1)

Greg

My biggest worry for us is not having Krul, he has't been brilliant but I would feel much more confident with him between the sticks.

its the lack of arial ability from the centre backs for me. Im terrified of the long balls.

Very very convinced we'll concede the first goal, because we have in the last seven derbies or something (disclaimer: I haven't actually checked this). It's whether we can score or not and I think we'll get one. 1-1.

They didn't get the immediate bounce that they've had after the last couple of sackings, I think that's important. Allardyce will do his best to make them fight harder than us, key is getting a hold of the ball at the start and passing it around a bit. We've been blown away by the intensity the last few times.

They didn't get the immediate bounce that they've had after the last couple of sackings, I think that's important. Allardyce will do his best to make them fight harder than us, key is getting a hold of the ball at the start and passing it around a bit. We've been blown away by the intensity the last few times.

Advocaat, Poyet and Di Canio all lost their first game in charge before beating us in their second game  :lol:

Advocaat, Poyet and Di Canio all lost their first game in charge before beating us in their second game  :lol:

ffs :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/mRN1ID9.jpg

Hope we try to play football instead of just "run harder, jump faster" than the opposition. The moment we started to play derbies on their terms - ie. graft harder than the other side - was the moment we started losing them. We're absolute pish at grinding out games.

Will McClaren be the first manager since Hughton to focus on the football? Doubtful.

Oh man. You had to open the door!

My biggest worry for us is not having Krul, he has't been brilliant but I would feel much more confident with him between the sticks.

My biggest worry is bottling it again, just please turn up and throw all at them like Norwich- I can take any result if we turn up and try.

We didn't really throw all at Norwich, they probably passed it around a bit better than us, we just finished better and were pretty lethal on the break.

Hope we try to play football instead of just "run harder, jump faster" than the opposition. The moment we started to play derbies on their terms - ie. graft harder than the other side - was the moment we started losing them. We're absolute pish at grinding out games.

Will McClaren be the first manager since Hughton to focus on the football? Doubtful.

This is my biggest worry.  People often said that Pardew never got the players fired up for the derby.  It was the opposite for me.  They all seemed too charged up and reckless.  Like the game was talked up as being so important and the manager was such a twat and so aggressive.  That they totally lost sight of the actual game of football.  We just seemed to go out there like a bunch of lunatics and we didn't have any shape or style of play.  Which in fairness, was a common theme under Pardew's tenure.

I just remember, even by his standards.  Him going into overdrive and spouting off so much shit in the press in the build up to the game.  it looked like he did the same with the team talks as well. 

Carver was the same.  But he is actually mentally unstable, so I'm not going to be too harsh on him. 

I remember Janmaat saying something after one of the games that maybe we should focus more on playing football and tactics instead of just running around and kicking people. This was under Pardew after one of all derby losses. He had a point..

I remember Janmaat saying something after one of the games that maybe we should focus more on playing football and tactics instead of just running around and kicking people. This was under Pardew after one of all derby losses. He had a point..

Yeah. Come derbies it seems like a race to the bottom.

Aye. This was a problem pretty much the entire time Pardew was here. Before he turned up, we had just smashed them 5-1 at our place under Hughton when we just played our own game, which we were never allowed to do under Pardew.

First goal wins I reckon.

Cannot have them score first then just sit deep. we need to try and get them coming at us imo.

They won't try and play through us like Norwich, but if we can draw them into attack then imo we can hit them on the break.

Let's hope our finishing is as lethal. if we get 3/4 chances we need to be putting them away.

Aye. This was a problem pretty much the entire time Pardew was here. Before he turned up, we had just smashed them 5-1 at our place under Hughton when we just played our own game, which we were never allowed to do under Pardew.

It's the coolest heads that usually prevail in  these games.  McClaren needs to sit Mitrovic down and warn him that their fans and players will be targeting him from the off.  If he wants to react, do it by putting the ball in the back of their net.  Not by biting Cattermole's head off.  Tiote is the same, he's an accident waiting to happen on Sunday.  I think we can beat these.  We're due a bit of luck too.