Crystal Palace 5-1 Newcastle United - 28/11/15 (post-match from p. 26)

Greg

I'm going to be controversial here but I don't think Ashley's to blame this year (he's to blame for the greater mediocrity narrative and I too want him out, mind). The club has spent and brought in several new players and a new manager, but the guys that have taken those decisions (Carr or Charnley) have f***ed up big time.

Ashley appointed them. So the buck stops with him for promoting the f***ing club secretary to MD.

Whilst I agree, Ashley is the only one that is guaranteed to be going nowhere.

So what's your point?

My point is we're stuck with Ashley. It's pie in the sky to talk about forcing him out and its fucking stupid to just repeat 'Ashley is the main problem' when there is glaring incompetence below him that could have something done about it.

Every time I hear a manager talk about getting "back to basics" or doing "the basics" in training after a loss it's like their own death knell. He said it last week after Leicester City and I feel like he's going to say it again this week.

Charnley needs to go too. No future whilst this clueless cretin is in charge of recruitment of staff.

What the hell difference is that going to make. Everything comes back to Ashley.

Why do you go out of your way to come across thick all the time?

Ronaldo man :lol:

Still think this squad is good enough for top half, UB? :lol:

I said midtable, and yes, I still stand by that. The higher ups and the manager (again) are much bigger problems.

Nah, no way. No centre halves, no centre midfielders

Charnley needs to go too. No future whilst this clueless cretin is in charge of recruitment of staff.

What the hell difference is that going to make. Everything comes back to Ashley.

Why do you go out of your way to come across thick all the time?

Ronaldo man :lol:

Still think this squad is good enough for top half, UB? :lol:

I said midtable, and yes, I still stand by that. The higher ups and the manager (again) are much bigger problems.

Are you taking the p*ss at this point, or what? No centre mids, no wingers, unproven strikers and defenders that can't be left to their own man.

:thup:

All comes back to Ashley obviously but that squad is an absolute fucking abject embarrassment even by our standards since 2005.

Don't blame Ashley, Charnley or McClaren, lads. It's our fault for ruthlessly hounding out poor Alan "Pep Guardiferguson" Pardew. We obviously don't know how lucky we were to have had the king and don't know out place.

We should've been happy barely avoiding relegation, watching Williamson lump it as high as possible so the cameras would catch more Sports Direct adverts.