Newcastle United 2-0 Liverpool - 6/12/15 post match reaction from page 24

Greg

Heh, just came back from having a few beers with friends. I even had NUFC notifications turned off from my phone as I was expecting the worst. Congratulations :thup:

What a f***ing weird club though.

If they ever decide to redesign the club badge, that in Latin should be incorporated somewhere.

That and 'Ambition costs money'

quid a Ridiculum clava -  Ambitio sumptuum pecuniam

Well I didn't see this one coming.

As others have said, we grew in confidence as the game went on. Liverpool didn't look like a CL side - Klopp thought he could afford to rotate the squad, but it didn't come off for him.

Our passing game is still poor and we have little ability to work our way through a defence. Our best chances come on the break, and we can't just rely on that to get out of our position.

Sissoko is soooo frustrating. 90% of the time, he loses the ball, and it's difficult for players to get forward with confidence when he's so shaky in possession. Then once or twice in a game, a situation arises in his favour and he'll open things up for us. Given the alternatives, we've got no choice but to play him, but I wish that wasn't the case.

Just back from the match, my observations were good performance, Liverpool were shite, Perez refused to shake McClarens hand at the end.

Klopp made a big mistake today, at least in terms of this particular game.  Maybe long term he's protecting Sturridge and Lallana, but if they had played from the start, particularly Sturridge, then we'd have been on the back foot right away.  By the time he brought them on, we had already gained in confidence.

Aye, they both caused us problems almost immediately compared to Benteke and Firmino who were pants. They badly missed Coutinho like.

I feel like he'd have ripped us open too, but then again, it's not like we ever have a fit and fully functional squad either, so today I'm just happy it went for us.  I'm still not seeing it with Firmino at all, but Benteke doesn't seem suited to what Liverpool want to do.  Just like Carroll, he seems a bit of a panic signing.

W-H-A-T is going on? :lol:

The one time I decide NOT to watch the match, NOT to check the forum, and NOT to check live update - it's a fucking victory? :anguish:

Now I have to watch this in replay once it's available  :whatdidido:

The one time I decide NOT to watch the match, NOT to check the forum, and NOT to check live update - it's a fucking victory? :anguish:

Could you never watch live again please?

The one time I decide NOT to watch the match, NOT to check the forum, and NOT to check live update - it's a f***ing victory? :anguish:

Could you never watch live again please?

Omg. You might be on to something here  :embarrassed: I'm sure my wife will agree with you. The harmony in the house today ... phenomenal  :lol:

Just back from the match, my observations were good performance, Liverpool were s****, Perez refused to shake McClarens hand at the end.

That's not good.

Thought he was poor when he came on, Cisse put in a great shift and ran himself into the ground closing down Skrtel and Lovren the Perez came on and should have been the freshest player on the pitch but was just jogging around.  That isn't really like Ajoze as he is normally one of the players you can rely on to put a shift in and work for the team.  Must admit I didn't see him refuse the handshake.

Just back from the match, my observations were good performance, Liverpool were s****, Perez refused to shake McClarens hand at the end.

That's not good.

Thought he was poor when he came on, Cisse put in a great shift and ran himself into the ground closing down Skrtel and Lovren the Perez came on and should have been the freshest player on the pitch but was just jogging around.  That isn't really like Ajoze as he is normally one of the players you can rely on to put a shift in and work for the team.  Must admit I didn't see him refuse the handshake.

Probably never happened, trouble making as always.

I don't know the kid - but the clip of Paully. :coolsmiley: :D

Never in a million years did I see that one coming today. From 1-11, they all put a shift in. Where has the been for the last couple of weeks? I buy into what's been said about them only deciding to turn up, when we play the bigger teams on TV. Pretty shameful attitude.

It's going to be good to enjoy a week on the back of a good Newcastle win, because it's been so few and far between in recent times. I suspect normal service will be resumed soon enough, unless there is a change in culture at the top. That said, Ashley's eyes will now be full of £££ on the back of Gini's two goals.