Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I had a brief look at that Swansea forum and there were comments saying his decline in form came from Monk playing him in a DM-like role.

Watch us do the same....

That's a worry.

We need an anchor man and it looks like Shelvey is some way from the perfect fit. My fear is that he would improve our midfield but not by as much as is needed.

s*** signing.  If he is the solution and the bet for fighting against relegation then we are f***ed.  To those who said colback and anita are s***, i can guarantee you this guy is even shitter.

Sorry, this is bollocks.

Can not wait for a CM pairing of Colback and Shelvey, it will be magnificent!

Inglish DNA, can't fail right?

I for one, can not wait to see this hardworking lads set the pace and creativity for nufc the next few years. And we all know we need a English spine in the team, its what we have been missing all these years.

Onward and upward!

s*** signing.  If he is the solution and the bet for fighting against relegation then we are f***ed.  To those who said colback and anita are s***, i can guarantee you this guy is even shitter.

Sorry, this is bollocks.

Aye. :lol:

I've not read anything since the weekend.  But the last I read was that we were 'preparing to launch a bid'.

We're not a fucking U-Boat or a missile silo.  Stop preparing to launch and just fax over an offer.  I swear, every article I read about us has shit like this.  'Bid imminent'.  'Readying an offer.'  Fuck off.

Our woeful, attribute-less centre-midfield is the main reason we're a terrible team imo. Aye there are obviously problems elsewhere, but even if the team was fully-fit, fully-motivated, converting a chance or two, getting the rub of the green now and again - the options at CM would ensure that we'd still be amongst the relegation pack.

Shelvey hardly guarantees a transformation and he could easily make little to no difference to our results, but it is the right sort of signing imo. And he's just about the best we could get if we're shopping in the PL.

The fee will obviously be ridiculous but that's just the state of things atm.

I had a brief look at that Swansea forum and there were comments saying his decline in form came from Monk playing him in a DM-like role.

Watch us do the same....

That's a worry.

We need an anchor man and it looks like Shelvey is some way from the perfect fit. My fear is that he would improve our midfield but not by as much as is needed.

We dont need an Anchor Man at all. we need less defensive midfielders not more.

Watch us do the same....

That's a worry.

We need midfielders that can do both. Our defence is minging and does need a lot of protection, just as much as the attackers need better service.

Watch us do the same....

That's a worry.

We need midfielders that can do both. Our defence is minging and does need a lot of protection, just as much as the attackers need better service.

Well he cant be more clueless defensively than Geordie Jack. and he's definitely better going forward

He actually passes the ball forwards which is a start.

I like Shelvey as a ball player because he isn't afraid to take risks. Not the same endless drivel recycling the ball for no good reason.

He's an upgrade on Colback. So im happy with it. Hope this one happens because his offensive side of his game is positive.

Also if he does well and goes to the euros we'll have one newcastle player for England which is cool :lol: