Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Danny Guthrie and Kevin Nolan, were about as mobile for Neville Southall and Neil Ruddock.  Yet we won the league easily, with that centre midfield pairing for a large chunk of the season.

His lack of mobility and athleticism, won't be such a problem a league down.  He'll get the time on the ball that he needs, as well.  It's why the likes of Barton look brilliant in the Champ and then average as a centre mid, in the prem. 

It sounds cocky and arrogant, but I still think people are overestimating this league.  Hull and Burnley have just bounced straight back and I'd argue we're sitting in a better position than they were this time last year. 

Very good point to be fair.

However, I'd like to see us use him in a way that we would if we were still in the prem, so that he can develop in such a role, which would be better for his and our future.

Danny Guthrie and Kevin Nolan, were about as mobile for Neville Southall and Neil Ruddock.  Yet we won the league easily, with that centre midfield pairing for a large chunk of the season.

His lack of mobility and athleticism, won't be such a problem a league down.  He'll get the time on the ball that he needs, as well.  It's why the likes of Barton look brilliant in the Champ and then average as a centre mid, in the prem. 

It sounds cocky and arrogant, but I still think people are overestimating this league.  Hull and Burnley have just bounced straight back and I'd argue we're sitting in a better position than they were this time last year. 

Very good point to be fair.

However, I'd like to see us use him in a way that we would if we were still in the prem, so that he can develop in such a role, which would be better for his and our future.

I don't want him to play as a 10.  I still think he best attributes are his long range passing and getting on the ball deep.  I think we have better options to play 10, at present.  But 2-3 of them might leave, TBF.  Shelvey might yet, anyway!

I'd be happy to see him go but part of me still feels that there is a player in there somewhere. If anyone can get the best out of him surely its Rafa, Rafa won't take no nonsense from him either so if he was being cock I don't think Rafa would think twice in benching him.

What role did Mr Transparent play in his first game for us? Didn't see the game but i read on here that he was absolutely brilliant, but after that he was very bad.

Guest neesy111

Literally would give zero fucks if he never played for us again.

:thup:

Same,  his attitude last season really pissed me off.

Guthrie, Barton and Nolan might not have been athletic but they tracked back and put their foot in. That's the issue with Shelvey, central midfield is not a part of the pitch where you can just stroll around watching other players do the running.

Apparently he's on 80k and week and has said that he wants more to stay. West Ham have expressed an interest in him and his dad wants him to go there. Needless to say NUFC are waiting for a suitable offer before shifting him along.

Apparently he's on 80k and week and has said that he wants more to stay. West Ham have expressed and interest in him and his dad wants him to go there. Needless to say NUFC are eating for a suitable offer before shifting him along.

Get rid.

I thought after the West Ham game he would be a revelation for us, but since that game hes been utter toilet, I'm not even convinced I want to see him in the championship, decent offer comes in move him and and invest in someone more mobile and who is more likely to give a fuck.

Guthrie, Barton and Nolan might not have been athletic but they tracked back and put their foot in. That's the issue with Shelvey, central midfield is not a part of the pitch where you can just stroll around watching other players do the running.

they also had guts, brains and desire.