Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest alijmitchell

In most replies that I've bothered scrolling though. Pretty much everyone can see it.

He still won't go.

If Wilshere is fit - he will go, and to be honest, he can be a very good player. I think it'll be Wilshere and RLC, which would be harsh on Shelvey, but I can see the argument for those two too. I suppose they both have a bit more dynamism to their game than Shelvey. However, in my opinion, Wilshere shouldn't go because his fitness is too much of a risk. I'm also not sure what the point of Eric Dier actually is either.

I think Southgate has probably judged him on his daft antics than his footballing ability, for anyone on the outside (and inside tbh) he looks a complete liability and troublemaker...

The FA have already judged us just like the rest of the media probably because of our poor off field relationships. southgate has already judged us because we were a newly promoted team and his connections with Middlesbrough.

Guest alijmitchell

It's a shame he won't go because I really do think with him in the side, we would really be able to surprise a few teams

The detractors of Shelvey talk about his character rather than his football ability as being the thing that will see him miss out, yet one of the players likely to go instead was failed a drugs test because they found Cocaine in his system, lol, it's crazy how that happens. I think both will miss out if it's 4 from that list tbh, Henderson and Dier are bankers because of who they play for, Wilshire has too much of a reputation not to take, the final spot will go to Loftus-Cheek, however I think Lewis Cook and Possible Jack Cork will be in the conversation too, they will both be ahead of Shelvey in Southgate stupid mind.

If he doesn't take Shelvey, you can guarantee that'll be the stick that the media use to beat him with when we inevitably crash of the tournament early (and rightly so)

We have no creativity in CM at all so all of our attacking play will come from the front three. When that gets sussed out and nullified by world class defenders, we'll have nothing to fall back on. It'll be the same old story - "England need someone in the centre of the park who can open up a defence".

Sadly the beautiful bald bastard will be sat at home watching it on his sofa with his head in his hands like the rest of us.

Guest chopey

Southgate has a choice of played 12 games Wilshire or Shelvey. He will pick wilshite

Taking Wilshire over Shelvey is a catastrophic mistake he is basically picking a 22 man squad

[tweet]995949616775532545[/tweet]?s=21

In most replies that I've bothered scrolling though. Pretty much everyone can see it.

He still won't go.

Looking solely at those stats I'd only take him above Henderson. With a broader view, I'd have taken him above Wilshire and Livermore as well as he offers something different.

Guest chopey

So that tells me the Wilshire and Henderson complete 80% of there 4 yard side ways / backwards passes

Guest firetotheworks

He still won't go.

Looking solely at those stats I'd only take him above Henderson. With a broader view, I'd have taken him above Wilshire and Livermore as well as he offers something different.

You'd only take him ahead of England's most consistent midfielder, an ever-present in a team that's in the Champions League final and will be probably going for the title next season? Dier and Henderson shouldn't be on there tbf, goals and assists aren't what they're about.

He still won't go.

You'd only take him ahead of England's most consistent midfielder, an ever-present in a team that's in the Champions League final and will be probably going for the title next season? Dier and Henderson shouldn't be on there tbf, goals and assists aren't what they're about.

I said looking at the stats. When not looking at the stats he'd be in front of Wilshire and Livermore. The "as well" was a mistaken inclusion. He'd naturally be in the team if looking at everything else than just stats.

That said, I've never been very impressed by Henderson - personally :lol: But he'd naturally be in the team if judged by everything else than stats.

He still won't go.

??? His point was how misleading the stats were for players like Hendo, no?? And that you need more than just stats...

edit: I guess not. stupid tom

Pass completion is shite when in Jonjo's case Rafa clearly wants him to go for the high risk - high reward balls. I bet if you restricted it to long forward passes complete he'd be amongst the best.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, it depends on your role. Messi had the most amount of failed passes in La Liga a few seasons ago iirc. Just constantly, constantly trying stuff.

Pass completion is shite when in Jonjo's case Rafa clearly wants him to go for the high risk - high reward balls. I bet if you restricted it to long forward passes complete he'd be amongst the best.

Exactly this. Dier passing 5 yards sideways, Livermore passing to the keeper counts as a successful pass. He is the only one that can make a difference

I don't mean to break the Jack "Wheelchair" Wilshere cliche, but he's played more minutes than Shelvey this season across all comps.

They should still both be going like, they aren't mutually exclusive.