Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest dabe

I don't want him to get picked, it's pointless with Southgate. When the inevitable England last 16/QF collapse occurs I'd rather he wasn't on the receiving end of unjust criticism because he misplaced a forward pass instead of imitating a Henderson/Livermore shaped crab.

There's defo something in the argument that players like Alli and co won't want him there and is a reason he won't get picked. Absolutly pathetic, if Southgate can't feel like he can manage him then he shouldn't even be a manager. Imagine spain doing it sith Barca and Madrid players.

This is worse than Lascelles not being in like. Imo at CB you have a group of similar quality players of which Lascelles is one so while a shame, I don't think the ones who get picked are much different.

With this though, it's crazy. There's no Englishman who plays like him. We'll get knocked out in the last 16/8 again due to not being able to unlock the defence and we'll wonder why.

At least it'll be a good group of buddies on tour. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6270540/manchester-united-rio-ferdinand-club-rivalries-golden-generation-england/

Had a Swansea fan telling me last week that Shelvey was shit, was lazy and would never track back.

Asked him if he'd seen any part of any of our games since Christmas, of course not but he once stood hands on hips in a Swansea cup game and can never change or improve.

Pretty sure that's the same mentality that the England top bods have

I think he'd be perfectly suited to the slower pace of the International game as well. More time on the ball for him to get his head up to pick out a pass and Kane/Vardy would be in their element with the balls he could feed them from midfield.

Shame he'll only pick midfielders who like to pass it sideways.

Loved that Mirror article where they said he'd not make a good tourist :lol:

Well as long as "the lads" all have a blast seeing the sights in Russia while high fiving each other to an orgasm.

I'm assuming these people are receiving rejection phone calls and then they start telling people.

Which is why we haven't heard about Shelvey, he's not going to get any type of phone call.

I'm assuming these people are receiving rejection phone calls and then they start telling people.

Which is why we haven't heard about Shelvey, he's not going to get any type of phone call.

... Until tomorrow, along with the rest of the squad. :megusta:

I wouldn't even care so much if I didn't chuck a tenner on him going when he was 10/1.

He's not been in the squad for ages so doubt he'd get a call just to tell him he's still not in.

He's not been in the squad for ages so doubt he'd get a call just to tell him he's still not in.

Thanks for simplifying my point ?  O0

Lack of Wilshere could indicate a last minute change of heart after all who is there to pass a ball?

Southgate really isn’t going to pick Livermore before Shelvey and Wilshere is he?

Lack of Wilshere could indicate a last minute change of heart after all who is there to pass a ball?

Southgate really isn’t going to pick Livermore before Shelvey and Wilshere is he?

My mate seems sure it'll be Loftus-Cheek.