Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Unfortunately no chance to go not having been involved in any of the friendlies etc. Livermore shouldn't be in the picture, Wilshere is a liability. If those two get ahead of him someone needs their teeth punching out.

I dont know why but this just feels like one of the most ridiculous exclusions I've seen, obviously more because we've seen what Shelvey can do week in week out but hes a player England are crying out for. He should be in the fucking 1st team never mind in the squad. I'm not arsed about Lascelles getting in because at the end of the day hes just a solid defender and although Id take him there are other viable options. As for Shelvey i think its actually criminal for a fucking manager to not even consider him when hes clearly somebody who could have a impact. Southgates just a fucking dickhead who should be nowhere near a Premier League team never mind England. Hes happy to take all the positive press and plaudits for playing 'youth' and he'll get that for taking Sessengon if he does, but I sure know he aint gonna win us the World Cup and is a complete waste of a place on the plane.

It’s nothing to do with playing for Newcastle. Or his form this season. Or his disciplinary record..

The reason he won’t go is that he’s not well liked by a lot of the established squad. Especially the players of a different ethnic background to him.

He might claim otherwise but he’s said racist things to players over the years. I don’t believe he’s actually racist at all but he’s been thick enough to throw derogatory insults at people and that’s not the kind of shit that people forget easily.

Southgate is pandering to the larger portion of the squad but it’s probably the correct thing to do.

Eh?

If he’s said racist things in the past, the whole squad should rightfully dislike him and there shouldn’t be a place for him in the squad. We’ve all swept the Arab Cunt thing under the carpet but if it’s knosn that type of stuff isn’t uncommon from

Him then... yeh so be it.

About 5 month ago I thought Shelvey should be on the plane, even before he hit form. I'd start him now.

:lol: About 5 months ago 70% of this forum wanted him sold for about 10 million to West Ham or who ever  would take him.

Worried about Jonjo behaving when Livermore stole a fucking taxi last time he was abroad ffs. You think any national manager with a brain would be in touch with all club managers and if he doesn't value rafas opinion then Southgate is a lost cause.

This is worse than Lascelles not being in like. Imo at CB you have a group of similar quality players of which Lascelles is one so while a shame, I don't think the ones who get picked are much different.

With this though, it's crazy. There's no Englishman who plays like him. We'll get knocked out in the last 16/8 again due to not being able to unlock the defence and we'll wonder why.

This is worse than Lascelles not being in like. Imo at CB you have a group of similar quality players of which Lascelles is one so while a shame, I don't think the ones who get picked are much different.

With this though, it's crazy. There's no Englishman who plays like him. We'll get knocked out in the last 16/8 again due to not being able to unlock the defence and we'll wonder why.

At least it'll be a good group of buddies on tour. 

Concerns about his temperament while dele alli is in the team lol

Everyone just conveniently forgets about Alli’s past indiscretions due to the fact he’s supposedly the far superior player.

What I find interesting about the Chelsea game highlights I saw was that he's started doing what we were saying he needed to 1-2 years ago which is move the ball forward much quicker. He wasn't exactly playing one touch stuff the whole time but he was moving the ball on as fast as possible which is in stark contrast to how he played when we first got him and he'd try to take way too much time on the ball before picking a Hollywood pass. Rafa seems to have done a great job drilling that into him.

I will be very sad if Shelvey doesn't make it on the plane. He has turned a corner on the discplinery stuff and has been far more influential and consistent for the last 4 months. He's in good form and would be a great option. England lacks a creative passer, for all Shelveys sins he won't shy away from making something happen.

Everyone going on about Livermore nicking a taxi and getting done for coke.  I'm more concerned by the fact he is yet another typical English centre mid and he is utter shite.  That's more worrying regarding his selection, than the fact he's been a bit of a naughty boy in the past. 

Guessing he won't go, either.  But the fact he was getting in the squad ahead of Shelvey is a joke.

He'll be rested and fresh for NUFC come the start of the season. I thought he needed an operation on his knees or something? That's why Rafa said he didn't run back in one of the games we lost. He'd stand holding his knees near the end of games. I'm sure I haven't made that up.

He'll be rested and fresh for NUFC come the start of the season. I thought he needed an operation on his knees or something? That's why Rafa said he didn't run back in one of the games we lost. He'd stand holding his knees near the end of games. I'm sure I haven't made that up.

Was it not at Bournemouth when we lost a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2?