Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It's a shame for him as he looked in good nick. We'll be fine with Longstaff for a couple of weeks though, he seems to have a better on-field relationship with Bruno.

Edited by The Prophet

23 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's a shame for him as he looked in good nick. We'll be fine with Longstaff for a couple of weeks though, he seems to have a better on-field relationship with Bruno.

Bruno, Joelinton and Willock for me.

3 hours ago, NWMag said:

Would guess that maybe Longstaff will play the Shelvey role

You would think that, but Longstaff has always operated in more advanced midfield roles when he's played hasn't he? I think it will be Bruno in the holding role, and Shelvey/Willock in front of him.

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't think it when you hear him, or see his general demeanor, but I honestly think he's had an areet time at Newcastle.

Certainly one of the longest stints he's had in his career. Mind that could also be the fact Mashley was our owner

That’s a shocker tbh. Leaves us looking a little light.

We need back up for Wilson and if we can get Maddison/ Paqueta in then that’s now more of a priority for me than a right winger. Willock has an injury in him and Longstaff isn’t good enough imo. Anderson; huge risk.

Gutted for Shelvey, seems he’s really bought into Howe and had worked hard even before pre-season.