Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

He's a waste of space and wages, man

He had been at times but he's been decent since Eddie came in. However, age against him and injuries. Some of this depends on the replacement for me and I'd be wary of letting him go without one for the rest of this season.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nearly 8 pages of comments and not one calling this out as rubbish from Edwards. Is it because it’s news you wanted to hear 🙂

There is still a chance that he has made this up to wind us up.

He had a decent run under Howe last season, but I’ve never trusted him to perform or rated him, and I really don’t trust him now he’s had a long term injury. The idea of him getting a couple of games and an extension was pretty grim.

9 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Siuuuu

Fair play, he could have hung around for the contract extension, but he knows his days are numbered as a first teamer. Go with our blessings Jonjo.

Shoulder-shrug news if it happens - I’ve never rated him particularly highly, and he’s on serious wedge.  There are very few players who’ve been involved in the relegation of NUFC that I feel misty-eyed about - and I think he spent the vast majority of his time at NUFC being lazy and half-arsed, tempered by short spells with Benitez and Howe.  Best of luck to him elsewhere if he goes - wonder how many more we can ship off to Forest?

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I'm probably in the minority here but think this is an excellent signing for Forest. We've also outgrown him so if we have someone lined up then it will be a good move for everyone involved 👍

You’re probably not [emoji38]  He’s either trying to trigger the extension early or can’t keep up with our new training regime without breaking down. He would have had a part to play. I won’t miss him, but wish him well. I look forward to his replacement  :indi:

Good luck to him at Forest, but I wouldn't even play him ahead of Longstaff at this point. At least Sean has some mobility and will go for the return pass. Shelvey is better on the ball, but he's not fit for purpose with the 2023 version of Newcastle.