Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester United - 12/1/16 - Post-match reaction from p54

Greg

Confused at all the "Colo was class" comments. The Lingard goal was a prime example of him being way off the pace and getting done like a kipper when he finally catches up.

He was basically good in midfield. He's too lightweight for the back line though.

Aye, I admittedly still get a bit of a stonk on when he's on the ball pulling away from our goal like, but he's an astonishingly bad defender.

Confused at all the "Colo was class" comments. The Lingard goal was a prime example of him being way off the pace and getting done like a kipper when he finally catches up.

He was basically good in midfield. He's too lightweight for the back line though.

Aye, I admittedly still get a bit of a stonk on when he's on the ball pulling away from our goal like, but he's an astonishingly bad defender.

:lol: Stuff like this is why this place is better than punditry.

Wew, that was unexpected. Very good game, both teams trying to win. When the bloke next to me confirmed it was Paul Dummett who belted that in I nearly had a seizure. Unbelievable.

It's always the same, but the Man U fans are desperate. Every song about the 1990s/Shearer. Wouldn't be particularly annoying if half the freaks in the away end weren't from Whitley bay.

Delighted we got something in the end after annihilating them in the second half. Thought Sissoko was terrible first half but much better after the break. Fellaini is such a bad footballer. We looked much better once we realised that Blind doesn't like balls over the top of him

Got the result we deserved, don't think we could say we deserved to win but a draw was fair overall. They're shit like, if we were genuinely any good we'd have won it.

Feels weird to say when we conceded three goals but I think Coloccini was bloody great individually. Wijnaldum was outstanding. Nobody had a really poor game, Perez wasn't at his best but still got involved in some good moves. Janmaat can't defend and Dummett is really limited. It's collectively that we're rubbish at stopping goals.

Only a point gained but there was miles more to actually build on there than in recent defeats IMO. Played some decent stuff at a good tempo.

I disagree, I think we were robbed tonight and we did deserve a win. They scored one decent goal and they were given all the momentum with that shite penalty then denying us two legitimate claims ourselves. To be 2-0 down after 40 mins was a travesty. Man U had the ref to thank for the point they got from this game.

Agree. Add not booking Smalling or Fellaini to the refs list of crimes against us.

Fellaini could have been sent off in the first half if the ref hadn't been busy paying homage to Man U's royal heritage. I'm amazed we got a point from this game considering the ref's efforts to direct a favourable result for the glamorous Man U.

Went to this with work - I thought we were really good and deserved the win, tbh. I think the plan was just to keep a foothold of the game in the first quarter and we were a bit cautious in our play but once we started mixing up the length of the passing that really opened them up. They were happy to shut up and let us play about at the back but once we started aiming things at Mitro's chest, they weren't sure what to do and then Sissoko started finding space more. Gini was mint, he's just a class, class footballer.

Created chances and played good football against a side that, in my opinion, sat back a fair bit and that's where we usually struggle most. Hopefully the new signings (with the more we need) should see us get a bit of momentum going.

I always hate playing against Manu, the hypocrisy from everyone on a television set is unbelievable. Smalling should have gone and the penalty was stonewall and obvious, yet they drag it out for 10 minutes discussing it and finally agreeing "Smalling gives the referee an excuse". Fellaini had far too many chances before he got his first yellow, and was lucky to stay on the pitch as well. They didn't even show the last penalty incident which I felt was very clear, and the Janmaat one was a penalty even though not that easy for the ref to give.

What pisses  me off most though is how our side acts, its almost like an inferiority complex. You never see any leaders contesting decisions or putting pressure on the referee to do the right thing, its like we have a team of pushovers with perhaps the exception of Janmaat. You see Rooney putting pressure and letting the ref know right away and it works. We need someone like Kevin Nolan in the side, preferably with a bit more ability.

Wijnaldum has to start in that role the rest of his life, he makes such intelligent runs and we have actually had  more possesion and an equal amount of chances against Arsenal and Manu now. If we play like that against worse sides we will be ok, but then that's a pretty big if.

Just caught up with the goals and score. Fucking hell, not what I was expecting.

Great to see Mitrogol involved in all three after the stick he's been getting. Something to build on from a low base and with the 2 new lads in hopefully we can string a few half decent performances together.