Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My problem is the fact we've signed players who are neither end of the spectrum, they could work or they could fail. It's not like we've changed from risky young foreigners to guaranteed PL pros.

Exactly  :thup:

We won't pay the premium for British players who are in top form though. Not only that, but while we're in this position in this window, the only ones we are likely to attract are out of favour players or players who are unhappy and are at clubs around us. We're not a very attractive proposition at the moment. I think most teams in the bottom half of the table would certainly like to have signed Shelvey and Townsend though if possible.

I don't rate him highly but he's pacy and direct and has his Euro spot he will want to fight for. The manager obviously doesn't fancy Thauvin and Perez looks knackered and like he could do with being rotated out the team for a bit as well. Can't see the harm in a loan deal at all.

Give him a chance. That's all we can do.

With some players a change of scenery can be all it takes. Shelvey is in the same boat. At least they both know what is expected in this league which gives them an advantage over a foreign unknown. I know that can be said of Colback, but he's got little or no talent, where's both of these have shown real quality at times.

I'd be totally happy with this, a loan or a buy, as long as it doesn't impede us getting a striker or two of course. The rest of this season is going to be weird but I'm looking forward to it in a twisted way..

This one's a risk so not sure how to feel about it.

He's looked a threat almost everytime I've seen him play but the fact that he rarely starts is a big concern. There's gotta be an attitude problem or something.

The time we beat Spurs 1-0, he was one of the best players on the pitch. He made about 6-7 chances that game but I distinctly remember Spurs fans slagging him off so dunno how much help they are.

Townsend has that kind of explosive pace and energy which is missing from our attack at the moment. We've got flat-out pace which is apparent when we're in a position to catch teams on the break, but in other situations we look a bit flat and predictable.

Townsend is worth the gamble, because he could make all the difference.

With the arrival of Saivet, Shelvey and it seems Townsend as well, one or two midfield players will get pushed down the pecking order, even if they don't leave.

There is a decision to be made with Sissoko, because although he can open things up for us (particularly on the break), a lot of moves break down when he gets the ball. Our midfield are not fluent in possession, and although Sissoko isn't the only culprit when it comes to losing the ball, he's the chief one. It makes it difficult for players to move forward with confidence if they're worried we might lose the ball and then they'll be out of position.

We're at our most dangerous on the break, but that's of limited use when we struggle to score the first goal because we can't break teams down. The balance in the midfield needs to be tipped towards a unit with more skill on the ball.

I'd want to keep Sissoko because of his obvious strengths, but not necessarily as an automatic first team choice. I'd like to see how a new look midfield functions without him.

And

Townsend has that kind of explosive pace and energy which is missing from our attack at the moment. We've got flat-out pace which is apparent when we're in a position to catch teams on the break, but in other situations we look a bit flat and predictable.

Townsend is worth the gamble, because he could make all the difference.

Unbelievable. :lol: