Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he'll stay. There aren't any major tournaments on next year and he might take a year in the Championship and gamble on us getting promoted at the first go.

Also, Woy has said he'd still be in his plans even if he's playing in the Championship.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be much more surprised if he left tbh. I don't know him obviously, but he seems exactly the sort of player who'd stay.

:thup: Think there'll be plenty of them with the same outlook as us, Rafa in the Championship > some other dafty in the PL. If someone like West Ham or Everton were to come in for him, I could see him moving on, but cannot see him wanting to swap us for Palace or the likes.

I'd be much more surprised if he left tbh. I don't know him obviously, but he seems exactly the sort of player who'd stay.

Yup. I know he's probably loaded with money and can afford it, but he's just made the move from London to the NE and I can't see him moving back down south so soon. His time with us has also been positive for him and the fans have reacted very well to his contribution. Plus Rafa's staying. If he's smart, he'll hang around, play an entire season and see if he can improve his game.

His Dad said he's staying, that's good enough for me.

I've never really doubted it despite the worry mongers on here. Everything about his body language and quotes suggests he is loving being appreciated again.  Hodgson has already said that him playing in the championship won't affect his selection chances.

I'd imagine he'll be persuaded to stay until at least the January transfer window. If by January we're well on our way to instant promotion he'll stay, if not he'll leave then.

I think (hope) this is the case for a lot of the players tbh. Rafa will convince them to stay but if things are going tits up in January then we'll be faced with a mass clear out.

He's probably more concerned at the moment about making the 23 for the euros for sure versus if he's sticking around or not. No?

Fully believe he stays and wants to as well. Between his father, the support and reception he gets from the fans, Rafa, and the Hodgson quotes think he stays with us.

I'd imagine he'll be persuaded to stay until at least the January transfer window. If by January we're well on our way to instant promotion he'll stay, if not he'll leave then.

I think (hope) this is the case for a lot of the players tbh. Rafa will convince them to stay but if things are going tits up in January then we'll be faced with a mass clear out.

Not sure that's such a good plan, surely it's better to be certain who you'll have available for the season? What if it's not going as well as expected and we need to up our game - loads of our best players leave then? Would rather have anyone with any doubts out now.

At the end of the day, all our good players that are in danger of leaving are locked up on long term contracts, the ball is very much in our court. If we don't want to sell we don't have to.

At the end of the day, all our good players that are in danger of leaving are locked up on long term contracts, the ball is very much in our court. If we don't want to sell we don't have to.

We all know that it isn't that simple though, i do believe Townsend will stay though. There's others who i'm more concerned about leaving before him.

Mind you there's not many i'm worried about tbh :lol: