Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any player that chooses to go and play for Pardew for "footballing reasons" is a total knob. I don't want him back.

This was me as well, but if he does genuinely want to come back I won't hold it against him. It's tantamount to admitting he was wrong to leave in the first place.

Guest firetotheworks

It's only just dawned on me that his parents named a baby Andros. :lol:

Isn't that the name of the big evil boss in the original SNES Starwing game? (US people read 'Starfox')

Indeed it is.

tbh I don't remember his exit being very acrimonious. Would have him back as he'd improve us massively. Feels like lots of cutting off the nose to spite the face going on :lol:

alternatively BOOOOO. He left and leaving turned out to be a mistake for him, which he couldn't have foreseen. BOOOOOOO. Burn his fuckin house down. BOOOOOOO. Sow his garden with salt.

:lol: very much this

Football is nothing as a sport without spite and bitterness. He left out the back door to go into fucking Pardew's arms. Generally I'm more miffed that this is the only option we have to bring in despite now having a manager with Rafa's connections.

However, if we are really keen to bring him back, the player fancies it to some extent and Rafa wants him why are we pissing around trying to do a loan deal? We're £30 million in surplus and they're trying to raise funds for Allardyce's rebuilding job. We know he'd tear it up this season and do a job next year too. Tight bastards.

Newcastle, though, do not have the sort of transfer budget Benitez hoped for this month and the Spaniard has instead been looking at loan deals.

This has been fairly obvious but has this been spelt out clearly before? I know there was the mess over Ashley taking more of an interest but does sound like we've let Benitez down significantly.

There's clearly something in this. Too many journos reporting it and there's no smoke without fire.

Why aren't we looking at signing him permanently now? Think that's the question most of us want the answer to.