Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Townsend is the sort of player who, when it's mooted he'll sign for you, you're distinctly underwhelmed. Then when he actually does sign, you start to realise it's not that bad a signing.

It really isn't, either. The only point I'd worry about is the fee. That's a lot of money.

Townsend is the sort of player who, when it's mooted he'll sign for you, you're distinctly underwhelmed. Then when he actually does sign, you start to realise it's not that bad a signing.

It really isn't, either. The only point I'd worry about is the fee. That's a lot of money.

In a nutshell :thup:

He's a plan B signing.  Other than score a few wonder goals he's done nothing to warrant 12Mil. 

Would like to see:

Mitrovic / Ayoze

Townsend                      Sissoko

Shelvey Saivet Winjaldum

ASAP really.

Pretty sure it's going to be 4-4-1-1.

Mitrovic

Wijnaldum

Townsend - Shelvey - Colback - Sissoko

At least we're finally starting to purify our squad. Purgin' the forrins.

I hope he does well like, I know he spanks most of them over the bar but along with Shelvey we at least have a couple of players who's feet aren't made of polystyrene.

Now that he's actually signed I feel better about it for some reason :lol:

EDIT: Just read Brummie's post, aye that, basically :lol:

I hope he does well like, I know he spanks most of them over the bar but along with Shelvey we at least have a couple of players who's feet aren't made of polystyrene.

Now that he's actually signed I feel better about it for some reason :lol:

EDIT: Just read Brummie's post, aye that, basically :lol:

Same, thought he was s****, but now he's ours, he's gonna tear it up  :laugh2:

It's difficult to get excited about Townsend because he really hasn't done much at club level.  He has so much that we lack though and even his name will help us, just because other teams might mark our left wing now as well and give Sissoko a little more space down the right.  We've needed a winger for ages and while I feel it's a bit sad we never gave Thauvin a chance, it's obvious McClaren was never going to play him.  He'll have to play Townsend though and that's a marked improvement on the collection of none wingers we've been playing there for the last few years.  Whatever you think of Townsend he's a hell of a lot better on the wing than Gouffran for a start.  Yes Wijnaldum has played there this season, but it's not his best position and he's looked so much better at number 10.

I love Perez, but he is better up front with Mitrovic and I don't think he offers as much down the left, or at least not in a way we could really use.  I'm not worried about Perez losing a place for long, because if nothing else, our squad are all so injury prone there'll probably be a place for him within a week again anyway.  It'll be nice to start having an actual squad and the manager actually making some choices for a change.

The sum of this though still comes down to the absolute fuckwittery of Pardew, where if he had even a few functioning brain cells, we'd still have Ben Arfa on the wing and we wouldn't even need to be talking about this.  As the situation is though, I'm happy to have Townsend here.  He's an improvement to our squad and I don't see why any of us should give a s*** if it's £12m or 12p when it comes to Ashley.  We all know fine well he's only desperately spending now because it's become a gamble worth taking and he'll still be in massive profit from the TV money next year if we stay up.

He usually makes an impact when I've seen him play but I wonder why he doesn't play that often.

Thought this was pretty funny. Big fan of the Pokemon TV show of all things.

:lol: Seems a decent enough guy actually.

Look at the s**** on his f***ing feet ffs  :jesuswept:

Hope this guy is going to be worth the money - 12m is a lot of money for a player unwanted by Spurs who will probably use the funds to get Berahino or another striker - which we need more than anything.

Will give him the chance and hope he succeeds but unless we get a decent striker it will probably be a wasted signing.